Magically gained 4 pounds

Trying not to panic and my brain battles my heart. Brain: “there is NO frickin frackin way you can humanely possibly gain 4 lbs of fat in a week”. Heart: “PANIC!! PANIC!! ALERT ALERT ALERT!! “. Brain: “ you should be taking measurements. They are much more accurate a tool than the scale”. Heart: “HEEEEEELPPPP!!!! 4 POUNDS OF SQUISHY YUCKY FAT IN A WEEEEEEEK!!!” Brain: “ maybe you gained a little muscle? Perhaps you’re bloated?” Heart: “I NEED CARDIOOOOO!!! All day!!! TIME FOR A WATER FAST!!!!” Brain: “ sigh. “

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    dblanke01 wrote: »
    Trying not to panic and my brain battles my heart. Brain: “there is NO frickin frackin way you can humanely possibly gain 4 lbs of fat in a week”. Heart: “PANIC!! PANIC!! ALERT ALERT ALERT!! “. Brain: “ you should be taking measurements. They are much more accurate a tool than the scale”. Heart: “HEEEEEELPPPP!!!! 4 POUNDS OF SQUISHY YUCKY FAT IN A WEEEEEEEK!!!” Brain: “ maybe you gained a little muscle? Perhaps you’re bloated?” Heart: “I NEED CARDIOOOOO!!! All day!!! TIME FOR A WATER FAST!!!!” Brain: “ sigh. “

Water weight fluctuations are entirely normal, it's not magic, it's just biology at work.

You probably just ate higher sodium or carbs than normal.

You don't need cardio or a water fast, just some patience and some perspective.

It takes around a 3500 calorie surplus to gain 1lb of fat. So unless in the last week you've eaten 14000 calories above maintenance, RELAX!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Exactly, just like 4lbs can magically disappear overnight, they can also arrive - so many reasons and its normal, everyone will have this happen to them - too much sodium the day before and bam on go 3lbs for example.... TOM due, yep bam 2lbs.. that's how it goes.
    But rant away, that usually helps :smiley::smiley::smiley: