5K training or other marathons

Hey everyone. im training for my very first 5k, in September me and my older sister will be doing the Neon Splash Dash in Sacramento.
how about you?

Replies

• My gf and I are doing a Run For Your Lives-esque 5k in October. I am optimistic that I will finish "alive".
  • KGill67
    KGill67 Posts: 87 Member
    Building up for my first 10K on August 31st. Have fun with your 5K in October - you'll make it, and it'll be great!
  • Evellitha
    Evellitha Posts: 61 Member
    First 5km this Saturday with Color me Run. Been training up to 5 km today completed 5km in 32 mins and i'm hella proud of myself!
  • Building up for my first 10K on August 31st. Have fun with your 5K in October - you'll make it, and it'll be great!

Thanks...I hope so! Thinking of wearing my GoPro for proof!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    I'm running my first full marathon in less than 2 weeks. Super excited!
  • I'm running my first full marathon in less than 2 weeks. Super excited!

I have a TON of respect for anyone who would even try this. I can't even wrap my brain around running that far Good luck!
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    I'm running my first full marathon in less than 2 weeks. Super excited!

I have a TON of respect for anyone who would even try this. I can't even wrap my brain around running that far Good luck!

Me to. I give you mad props! Good luck
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Training for Shelby Greenline Half Marathon in October.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Harrisburg Half Marathon in September (my 12th)
    Baltimore Marathon in October (my 4th)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    I'm actually training for a relay run, the Colorado Ragnar, set for the weekend of September 6th-7th. My first relay, actually, so I'm pretty stoked.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    i have a 5k on the 24th in Williamsburg, VA
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Harrisburg Half Marathon in September (my 12th)
    Baltimore Marathon in October (my 4th)

Mad Props for everything you've accomplished
  • Hey everyone. im training for my very first 5k, in September me and my older sister will be doing the Neon Splash Dash in Sacramento.
    how about you?

Doing a themed 5k for your first one sounds so great! I'm doing my 4th 5K on Saturday, then another the Sunday after that...

Then gearing up for ... yes, I think I am, haven't signed up quite yet but .... my first 1/2 Marathon in October.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Best of luck to all of you in your upcoming races (especially those of you taking on a distance for the first time)!

I've got a half coming up in September (my 3rd) in VA and a full in December in Sacramento (my 2nd... hoping for a PR with a stretch goal to BQ)!

Happy running! :flowerforyou:
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    I'm running my first 21K in less than two weeks... I'm dead nervous/excited about it!
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Queen City Marathon in Sept. (my 2nd)
    Winnipeg Firefighters Paramedic Half in Oct.(my 6th)

Good luck to everyone in their upcoming runs. Have fun and enjoy!
  • jessicahill530
    jessicahill530 Posts: 65 Member
    Training for my 7th half marathon in October, the Urban Cow in Sac!
  • tirola
    tirola Posts: 74 Member
    I'm running a local 5k on August 24th. It will be my second 5k but first that I'll have an official time! My first was Color me Rad last month.

I'm also flying to Denver to do the Foam Fest 5k with a friend on September 21st.
  • karlahere
    karlahere Posts: 79 Member
    Super excited and scared for my first trail run on the 1st. Hope it doesn't rain!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    I'm actually training for a relay run, the Colorado Ragnar, set for the weekend of September 6th-7th. My first relay, actually, so I'm pretty stoked.

That's on my list to do next year. It looks like such an amazing experience. I have a friend who did it and had nothing bad to say about it. Have a blast!

I recently signed up for my first half. It is in late March, so I have a while. But I finish C25K tomorrow.... So I need all the time I can get. Hopefully I can find sone 5ks and10ks along the way for practice and confidence boosters.