Calculating Exercises

Options
So, I am curious how I am to calculate my walking. I purposely, on my days off of work l, go on walks to get in my steps. I go on a walk during the day by myself and then again with my daughter before bed. Should I let my Fitbit count this exercise or add it in? My settings are currently set to sedentary lifestyle and I am considering bumping that up. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I prefer to count only deliberate exercise, not the random steps I do during the day. Going to the grocery or cleaning the house is a normal part of living, not actual exercise. I walk the dog twice a day, for a total of 2.2 or 3.2 miles, plus an occasional hike, and that time gets input into MFP. The other 5000 or so steps I do every day aren't entered. That gives me a bit of cushion for errors in calorie counting.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    sdewey415 wrote: »
    So, I am curious how I am to calculate my walking. I purposely, on my days off of work l, go on walks to get in my steps. I go on a walk during the day by myself and then again with my daughter before bed. Should I let my Fitbit count this exercise or add it in? My settings are currently set to sedentary lifestyle and I am considering bumping that up. Any help would be appreciated!

Yes, let your activity tracker track your activity :)

I would personally leave it on Sedentary so you don't have to worry about negative adjustments. Your FB will send you the extra calories.