How long did it take you to lose the weight?

Options
Hi! I'm trying to lose about 50 pounds and was wandering if anyone else had lost about that much already, and how long did it take you? Thx! :)

Replies

• guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    12 months to lose 60 pounds, maintaing for life, forget time.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over 5 months in and am just 2 lbs off of my goal weight. I have until next Wed (Aug. 21) to loose those last two pounds as that was my main goal b/c I have a medical procedure on Wed. and was instructed to loose the excess weight from the doctor.

Starting Weight: 192 lbs
    Current Weight: 157 lbs
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Fourteen months, 85 pounds. About six pounds per month.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Don't get all wrapped up in time...it took me roughly 9 months to lose 40ish Lbs; really, I hardly noticed though...I was so focused on just being healthier, more fit, and an all around better me. People tend to derail themselves when the obsess about time and losing exactly X Lbs in Y time...there are just too many ups and downs and ins and outs and whatnots...
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Ill let you know when I get there...just keep going...just keep going...just keep going...
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: I have lost 46 lbs since Jan 21, 2013... So 46 lbs in 6.75 months. I started at 210 (I'm 6'1") and I am now 164 . 4 lbs from goal Yay! This can be done! Wish you all the best! :flowerforyou:
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    On this program and daily log in good or bad. Since the end of March have lost 24lbs. It's more about the consistency of the user. I stay around the1200 calorie mark, weigh and measure everything.
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm only in 4th month and I've lost 37 pounds so far!!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Don't get all wrapped up in time...it took me roughly 9 months to lose 40ish Lbs; really, I hardly noticed though...I was so focused on just being healthier, more fit, and an all around better me. People tend to derail themselves when the obsess about time and losing exactly X Lbs in Y time...there are just too many ups and downs and ins and outs and whatnots...

I agree! I focused on health not weight, I had 6 Weeks where I only lost 3 lbs if I was focused on weight that would have really messed me up! Sensible amounts of better for you food and exercise... And water! And remember every body is different Good luck!
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It took me @total of 4yrs.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    It is probably going to be a bit slower when you are starting out just overweight or barely in the obese category. Just don't get discouraged.

I was morbidly obese in the past (307 lb as a 5'8" female). I've lost 130 lb so far. Without MFP, I lost as little as 2 lb in a year but most importantly to me, I didn't gain. With MFP, the most I have lost in a year is 67 lb (Mar '13-Mar '14).

Now I am at 177 lb and my goal is 162 lb. I don't expect to lose that quickly. For some people they might lose it quickly but I have been so heavy for so long (over 200 lb for more than 20 years) that I am honestly happy even with 177.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    100lbs took almost exactly a year.
  • Hallieadrienne
    Options
    You look beautiful. Congratulations!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've had varying levels of success. Last June, I lost 9 lbs and 2% body fat and that was with little in the way of working out. My best results were 10 lbs and 3% body fat in 2 weeks from intense, 2 hour a day work outs including cardio and weights every day except the weekends. Proper diet is always a factor.

As others have said, you'll see better results by focusing on making permanent, healthy changes in your life. The weight will eventually come off, and it'll stay off instead of coming back and then some.

Good luck in your journey!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I dislike discussions about how long weight loss takes (no offense OP!) because everyone loses weight differently. And to be honest, those who lose weight quickly may not be doing it in a way that is healthy or sustainable. Everyone has to run their own race, so to speak.

Yes, I am a slow loser. :)
  • Charwana
    Charwana Posts: 6
    Options
    OMG, what did you do to lose that much weight so quick? I really want to know b/c Im struggling.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I dislike discussions about how long weight loss takes (no offense OP!) because everyone loses weight differently. And to be honest, those who lose weight quickly may not be doing it in a way that is healthy or sustainable. Everyone has to run their own race, so to speak.

Yes, I am a slow loser. :)

I agree with you TOTALLY. I do not see any additional benefit or bonus to losing very quickly. If anything it's been kind of annoying during periods I have lost so quickly that my spring clothes (for example) were too big at the end of spring. Losing slowly is great!

I plan to reach my goal this year...I don't care if it's in August or December...and if it's in July of 2015 that is fine too. The biggest thing is getting there and STAYING there...not a race to see how fast I can lose.

Honestly when I meet people with my same start weight and current weight I never even think to ask them how long it took. It's not important to me at all.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!