Vegan chest and shoulder building

Options
Hey guys im 6'1" 160 lbs. Today im going to start this 3000 calorie a day meal plan. All i have in my house is a bench press that could go up to 200lbs. A 20lb dumbell and a 45lb dumbell No gym access yet.

What are your thoughts of 3 sets of 10 reps on the bench press once a day while i eat 3000 calories. Will my chest and shoulders get bigger from this constant exercise and food?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't work a muscle group on consecutive days as it allows no time for recovery and repair...recovery and repair are where the magic happens.

If you really want to grow, I'd get gym access asap and get on an established hypertrophy program.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on 3 sets of 10 is lacking critical info of your current training and training history.

My thoughts on your planned 3000 calorie diet is also lacking information such as your current caloric intake and bodyweight history.

I would agree a structured program would be in your best interest. I encourage to either seek out proper programming.

I disagree that if one trains back-to-back days the same muscle group you will not have adequate time for recovery or repair. Perhaps not optimal, but certainly under a program that doses the stimulus correctly with proper load management one can achieve hypertrophy and strength goals.