How often do u workout?

Options

Replies

• Kinalau
    Kinalau Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I run every morning before work: 7 miles on week days and 10-12 miles on weekend days. Then, I strength training 4-5 times a week in the evenings.
  • workhardplay85
    workhardplay85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5-6 days/week on a normal week.
  • OTFOMOgirl
    OTFOMOgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was doing 7 for awhile. Now 5/6 days
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    Typically 6 days a week :smile:
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Be aware that when you ask "what's your exercise routine" on MFP, the folks who are proud of their routine and excited about it are more likely to reply, so the answers will skew toward the active side, (Nothing wrong with that, and it can be motivating, but it's something to be aware of.)

...worth repeating! :smile:
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym 3 or 4 days a week for about an hour. Do mostly cardio, but include weights a few of those days.
  • grmreapper
    grmreapper Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do7 days a week alternate from running a 4k 5k and a 6k resting 45min between each run on Saturday I usually do 15-20 miles and Sunday I will do 8-10miles
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Everyday.

Friday is usually pretty light compared to other days.

maybe one or two rest days a month that look a lot like this:

ac4e66dfee3f1f02b6da7155092f5195.jpg

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Lift weights for a 6-7 day stretch, then take 7 days off (schedule related...if anything this is a good thing for me for avoiding burn out & weight lifting seems much more enjoyable/fun rather than an obligation). Some form of cardio everyday (I vary the intensity based on feel & like to hit a minimum volume as daily activity - does not feel like exercise)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Every day.
  • Brokentang
    Brokentang Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a strength/cardio random routine with one rest day. I found more success with short frequent work outs as opposed to spending hours in a gym.

Put a pull up bar in your house and do one everytime you walk under it.
  • cilliandelaney
    cilliandelaney Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I walk to work so that’s 40 mins each day plus gym 4 times trying to keep my fridge healthy always helps I.e. food shopping for the week in one go👍
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    5 days weightlifting (following the PHAT programme).
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Generally I exercise every day, most common pattern is three days a week strength training and four days cycling.
    Depending on how you define "workout" then three or seven I guess?

The "go" part varies as most of my cycling is outdoors not in the gym.

This. :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I workout every day. Usually cardio video in the morning, and then I lift 2-3 days after work. I try to run on Sundays, and possibly 1 or 2 other days. I have pleurisy right now, so my workout schedule is totally different until it's gone. Mostly walking, yoga, and some body weight lunges/leg exercises.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I try to move every day. When I first started almost 5 years ago, I did 30 min strength 2x week and 1-2 miles walking most other days. Now I strength train 45-60 min 3x, swim 45-60 min 2-3x, walk a few miles daily, and starting to bike a few times a week.
    Don’t try to be like others. Start where you are, find activities you enjoy, and progress from there according to your interest and ability.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Typically 4 days a week - jogging. I do have 3 young kids that I have 90% of the time so they keep me active all day. :D
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    6 days a week...mix up cardio, yoga, and weights...
  • Godinfitness
    Godinfitness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5-6x a week
  • sharon8271
    sharon8271 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    M-F: Cardio/yoga/strength training in the gym
    Weekends: Walking outdoors/yoga classes