One basic question ?

Options
MahShield21
MahShield21 Posts: 544 Member
Hello all and welcome you all to this journey of making you fit and healthy.
I have one question, I always search from net for right information about calories contains and other details like protein fat carb..this is really time consuming job...and difficult to find out correct info, some time we get multiple results from various sites and makes you difficult to calculate what you consumed..please help me...that’s true that at end of the day we should be able achieve our food intake but at the same time we should be able to adjust quantity in intermediate meals per our choice...your opinion please

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm understand what you are asking.

If I want to be sure I know the correct calories for a certain food, I use the USDA website.

https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/
  • MahShield21
    MahShield21 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Is it all food from all the places are there on this website?
    Ok I will go through it
    Thanks
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You can tag whole foods searches in the database with USDA...example "chicken breast USDA" and compare that to the USDA website. For packaged foods, enter the brand and whatever it is in the database and check whatever entry you pull up against the label.

After awhile, you build your own bank of recent and favorite foods so it doesn't become so painful. Also, don't let perfect be the enemy of good, or good enough. None of this is an exact science.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    There is some inherent error in this process no matter how hard you try. You just do the best you can and recognize that you may have to adjust a little one way or another. Choose food entries in the database that seem reasonable, weigh your food for better accuracy, and give it a few weeks to figure out if it's working for you as expected.