Cool whip Mix-ins

Options
2»

Replies

• cilliandelaney
    cilliandelaney Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tried Halo Top when it came to Ireland..I’d rather have the full fat stuff as a treat
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Tried Halo Top when it came to Ireland..I’d rather have the full fat stuff as a treat

Maybe you'd like it better if you mixed it into some cool whip. :)
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I preferred the breyers to halo top so far. it's handy for people who prefer to eat MORE even if it's not as high quality ;) I'm all about eating in large quantities. especially as my go to ice creams are like 350+cals per half a cup (dang you ben and jerry's!)

but i also like just blending frozen fruit really good and adding chocolate for more day to day "ice cream like" dessert. could probably add coolwhip :P
  • glassyo
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    I preferred the breyers to halo top so far. it's handy for people who prefer to eat MORE even if it's not as high quality ;) I'm all about eating in large quantities. especially as my go to ice creams are like 350+cals per half a cup (dang you ben and jerry's!)

but i also like just blending frozen fruit really good and adding chocolate for more day to day "ice cream like" dessert. could probably add coolwhip :P

I'm making my way through a pint of the Breyers Light Cookies and Cream right now. I've pretty much liked most of the Breyers/Halo Top/Enlightened/Target version light proteiny ice creams I've tried.

Halo Top Rainbow Swirl...not so much. The two pints got dumped in the trash.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

I prefer the breyers low-cal too. I like to pull it out of the pint container and give it a good chop-chop with a spoon until it's smooth and a little bit more like soft-serve in texture. It takes a lot of chopping but totally worth it. It's too crumbly out of the pint and I'm not patient enough to let it melt, especially since it doesn't melt evenly, so the center is still crumbly even though the outside is almost liquid.
  • glassyo
    Options
    And I'm still trying to find the So Delicious Mousse!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    I've had the brownie one. My daughter and I ate it by the spoonful and it was gone in a week. :D

A week? man i go thru a tub in less than a week on my own of just hte plain stuff...
    glassyo wrote: »
    busyPK wrote: »
    I've had the brownie one. My daughter and I ate it by the spoonful and it was gone in a week. :D

A week? man i go thru a tub in less than a week on my own of just hte plain stuff...

LOL yeah I was gonna say....a whole week?? :)

You all are making me feel so much better. :) lol
  • Panini911
    Options
    I was at Bulk Barn and they had cookie crumbs - i was thinking i could make my own oreo cool whip with those ;) Blend in chocolate cookie crumbs and graham crumbs...mmmm
  • glassyo
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I was at Bulk Barn and they had cookie crumbs - i was thinking i could make my own oreo cool whip with those ;) Blend in chocolate cookie crumbs and graham crumbs...mmmm

If you want to go that road do this.
    RCSS and pick up 95% fat free cool whip tub. Also pick up Oreo cheerios. Crush them up and mix them in.

Wait. Oreo cheerios? The Oreo O's? (Still think that's a stupid name.)

I'll go one better and say the Malt O Meal knockoff cookies and cream version. They taste more like oreos in my opinion.

But, yeah, if you wanna work for it. Work off those calories. :)
  • Panini911
    edited March 2019
    Options
    i think i saw peanut butter cheerios too. i was considering adding peanut butter powder or chipits to the coop while (as well as the chocolate be it cookie crumbs or cheerios)...
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »

If you want to go that road do this.
    RCSS and pick up 95% fat free cool whip tub. Also pick up Oreo cheerios. Crush them up and mix them in.

Wait, what?!

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Me too! I've looked in a bunch of different stores in my area, so I don't think it has some to my city yet.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options

Me too! I've looked in a bunch of different stores in my area, so I don't think it has some to my city yet.

I have only been able to find it at one store in my area and that was one of those tiny "natural food" grocery stores (Lori's natural foods if anyone is looking for it in Rochester NY). It was good but for how expensive it was I probably wouldn't buy it again. I had the chocolate chip kind.
  • glassyo
    Options

I found it in my local Gelson's. I've already vented in my other favorite thread but here we go again: $7 FOR A PINT OF THE SALTED CARAMEL SWIRL!!!! It was good but it was lighter than normal ice cream (obviously) so I felt kinda robbed. :)

The real problem is it's REALLY easy to eat. It's still semi soft when you take it out of the freezer...like it won't break a plastic spoon (don't judge my low class ways) or anything. And I just figured out how microwaving really frozen Halo Top/Enlightened/Whatever takes way less time than having to wait for it to soften on its own. :)
  • Panini911
    Options
    While we do have some So Delicious products in Canada....the Mousse is not one of them according to their website :( boo