Last 10-15 lbs. How did you lose it?

Options
2»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Yep, I have just 5-10 pounds to lose, and I’m losing like 1/4 pound a week. BUT I am losing.

With only 5 or 10 lbs to lose, that is all you should be losing if you want almost all of it to be fat. The leaner we get, the less fat we can lose through diet. Sounds like you are doing just fine.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Same way I lost the first 100, though maybe with a bit more patience since losses were often masked with water weight and hormones (joy--NOT!). Weight-trending app really helped me see the big picture and not get focused on the day-to-day weigh-ins.
  • lunajes
    lunajes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Totally impressed with the encouragement and feedback. Thanks!
  • Someonerandom1
    Someonerandom1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bumping this! It’s exactly what I needed today.
  • Brandon1992
    Brandon1992 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not to break plateaus when I was at my lowest weight it was either vacations or cheat meals . And when I slowly added back calories (reverse dieting) I also lost more weight . Just. A thought
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    lunajes wrote: »
    I wanted to revisit this post and let everyone know who views this for information or inspiration, that after just over a year of consistent healthy eating and consistent moderate exercise, I was able to lose the last 15-17 lbs that seemed so “hard” to come off. With patience and perseverance. It’s totally doable. Hang in there. Don’t give up.

Nice! Congratulations!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I am at the last7-10 pounds also. I set mfp to .05 to lose and try to eat those caories and I also exercise a few times a week and try to only eat back half or less of those calories- to ensure that i have a deficit- with all that for the whole month of May- i had lost 1 pound- hopefully it stays off and I willjust continue whati am doing- with little quirks thorown in as i go