Skinny Fiber - does it work?

Options
I've also been looking at giving Skinny Fiber a try....all I ever see on facebook or the internet about this product are positive testimonials, I never hear anything negative....does it really work for everyone? And what happens after you stop taking it?

Would love to hear from others who have experience with this product. Thanks!

Replies

• elisabethspicer
    elisabethspicer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it for 5 days. My 90 day goal is 30 pounds, and I want to lose 150 total. I love the Skinny Fiber so far. My big issue was pop, fast food and eating irregular. I haven't had fast food in over a week and have been eating three meals a day with snacks in between (fruit, veggies, and smoothies). I am exercising and have the energy to do so with Skinny Fiber. I used to binge eat really bad, but now I feel full after eating recommended serving sizes. My only negatives so far are gas and constipation (but that could be from my drastic diet change) and getting the munchies in the evening before bed, and want sweets and fats really bad. I normally eat an apple or banana and feel satisfied again.
  • rebecca_chess
    rebecca_chess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have taken it for 3 days and the "full" feeling in my experience is more of a "bloated" feeling. And because of this I will not be taking anymore. I wish they had a 30-day money back because now I have an almost full bottle of this. :(
  • Riverwellness3
    Options
    Try drinking more water.
  • jlkelson
    Options
    my sisters and i have been using skinny fiber for almost 2 months not much in results i say don't waist your money
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Bwaaaaahaaaaaaa!! No. Gimmicks don't work. Skinny Fiber?? Really??
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    the skinny fiber does work i won a bottle of this in a comp in a weight loss group on fb it was the starter for me that i needed i take it if i feel that i am eating to much but now i weigh my food portions you have to drink plenty of water. with the gas part of it its because of your diet change they are called protein farts and yes i admit they can be lethal at times lol but dont give up on taking the skinny fiber
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it for 5 days. My 90 day goal is 30 pounds, and I want to lose 150 total. I love the Skinny Fiber so far. My big issue was pop, fast food and eating irregular. I haven't had fast food in over a week and have been eating three meals a day with snacks in between (fruit, veggies, and smoothies). I am exercising and have the energy to do so with Skinny Fiber. I used to binge eat really bad, but now I feel full after eating recommended serving sizes. My only negatives so far are gas and constipation (but that could be from my drastic diet change) and getting the munchies in the evening before bed, and want sweets and fats really bad. I normally eat an apple or banana and feel satisfied again.

If you had made the changes in diet and exercise WITHOUT the Skinny Fiber, you would be feeling pretty awesome and energized anyway. The gas and constipation are probably due TO the Skinny Fiber.

I'm surprised that people make this so complicated.

(sensible calorie deficit + exercise you will do) x patience = success
  • buffython
    buffython Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stay away from any fiber supplement! Get fiber from food instead. Psyllium and other supplements can cause a host of problems and it's not worth it. You are putting yourself at risk for sibo, dysbiosis, bowel obstruction and damage to bowel motility. Any weight loss that results from this stuff is not real. Focus on quality and quantity of calories and get moving.
  • faerychic
    Options
    I just finished 30 days on Skinny Fiber. I have lost 2 pounds and no noticeable inches. BUT I am also following the DASH diet to lower my blood pressure. SF claims to cure IBS, migraines and lower blood pressure - I have not found this to be true, I still have all my ailments. The only thing I can say is that my cravings for sweets has drastically reduced. I would say don't waste your money on skinny fiber, but if you do try it beware of their AUTO SHIP program. Make sure you opt out of this when you order, otherwise you will automatically get another bottle before your 30 days are up.

I just wonder where they get all the before & after photo's of people dropping several pounds and inches using the stuff. When I inquired about the product not working I was told I needed to eat "clean" and stay away from gluten and dairy. I think anyone would lose weight eating 'clean" without the use of skinny fiber.
  • davidwallaceasia
    Options
    I would strongly suggest you to just eat more foods like broccoli and such and you'll probably feel more full and energetic than with some gimmick pill, and at the same time give your body way more important vitamins and minerals.

Skinny Fiber? Criminy....
  • faerychic
    Options
    Really? It is that simple? I just need to eat broccoli and such to lose weight? I wasn't looking for advice - just replying to someone's question on if the stuff works.
  • davidwallaceasia
    Options
    Really? It is that simple? I just need to eat broccoli and such to lose weight? I wasn't looking for advice - just replying to someone's question on if the stuff works.

Didn't quote you, wasn't speaking directly to you. Sorry to upset you, didn't mean to. Nor did I suggest you only have to eat broccoli to lose weight. That's a remarkable amount of spin you put on my words, with all due respect.
  • aubwe2000
    aubwe2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it for 2 months and really like the product. It cuts down the cravings, has helped with my IBS and I eat less. Even after stopping it a few days it still worked. So I would say yes it works. I feel great and I am down 10LB's
  • jaschroeder0517
    Options
    First off, I've seen a ton of people reply to this post saying things like "eat more veggies" and "there's no magic weight loss pill." Yes, we all know these things. We all know the key to weight loss and weight maintenance is lifestyle changes and not fad diets and weight loss pills. Blah blah blah, stop reminding us of things we already know! The question in the original post was "does skinny fiber really work?" So, instead of ranting about a balanced diet and exercise, I decided to try Skinny Fiber to help curb my cravings to assist with my weight loss. I am not a salesperson. I am not trying to sell anything at all. I am a real person with real troubles with overeating. That being said, I love Skinny Fiber. I don't feel the need to stuff my face all the time. I don't feel jittery if I don't eat for a few hours. It also helped with my digestion and bathroom troubles, which I expected considering Fiber is in the name. Normally, fiber gives me stomach cramps and major gas, but Skinny Fiber did not. It just regulated my bathroom schedule and made the "movements" more productive. Anyway, I have lost some weight, about 10 pounds. This was at a reasonable pace of about 2 pounds a week, which is what health experts consider healthy.

So, as for the question "Does skinny fiber work?" I say yes. However, it could be different for others, obviously. Hell, maybe it was all in my head and the weight loss was really a result of a different mentality. Who knows? All I know is that it is working for me, and I am happy with it. It may not work for you, but at least then you will know and you can move onto another possible solution.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I took skinny fiber for 2 weeks and the feeling of being bloated all the time was not for me so the bottle is sitting on my dresser collecting dust
  • carmelbeautee
    Options
    I researched for months before deciding to try Skinny Fiber. Last Thursday, I decided to buy. I've seen nothing but success stories. I've heard a few gripes from ppl who used it a week or 2 and didn't see magic results so gave up. But I have seen many before and after pics with testimonies. So, I am starting soon. Hopefully Sunday if my bottle is in the mail. You can follow my journey on Facebook.com/ImSooCHI - I will be posting the real deal. 30 day money back guarantee so, I'm going for it all!
  • danicdn
    Options
    I have my own skinny fiber success story. I LOVE IT!!!! I went on it for the 90 day challenge awhile back. Within the first 9 days my hypoglycemia went away and then no more migraines, my night sweats then subsided. I was 150lbs when I started. I also hula hooped for my work out. First month: nothing. I was getting discouraged. Then all of a sudden, a pound, then another, then another. I lost a total of 10lbs in 10 days. The inches was the huge thing. My three months ended and I was sooo happy with my results. I couldnt afford to buy anymore though.

I went 5 months without it. There are tons of testimonials about how people go off it and never put weight back on. I did. I put back on 5lbs in the five months and TONS of inches. The skinny fiber helped me with my cravings for salty foods and sweets. My hypoglycemia came back full force.

I was recommending the stuff to EVERYONE and making the lady I bought it from lots of money. lol. I decided I needed to get back on it, AND sell it so I could at least keep myself on it. I just finished 30 days and am back to 140lbs and have lost 10.5 total inches. I have NOT done any workouts, I am doing it as an "experiment" to see if the claims of not changing a thing is true.

OH, and an idea I like to share. When I was hula hooping (which is an amazing work out by the way!), I also use this rubberized "belt" that I got at walmart for $10. It really helps shrink the belly skin by getting rid of water (sweat).
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    the skinny fiber does work i won a bottle of this in a comp in a weight loss group on fb it was the starter for me that i needed i take it if i feel that i am eating to much but now i weigh my food portions you have to drink plenty of water. with the gas part of it its because of your diet change they are called protein farts and yes i admit they can be lethal at times lol but dont give up on taking the skinny fiber

"Protein farts"?
    Yeah, that right there would be enough to send me running away. And pretty much everyone around, too.
    fart-air.jpg
  • ashleyweir21
    Options
    You are bloated because you aren't drinking enough water. You can't just take something for three days and expect it to work. SF is flushing your body of toxins and things that have been and are stuck in your colon. I'd try to keep taking it for AT LEAST a month and then decide if it is not right for you. I've lost almost 11 lbs, and have only been taking it for two weeks.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I looked up the ingredients. It's basically the stuff in the "miracle noodles". hmm.