Weekend willpower

Who else finds staying on plan for the entire weekend a struggle? It’s a true test of willpower!! 😫

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Who else finds staying on plan for the entire weekend a struggle? It’s a true test of willpower!! 😫

I find I burn the most calories at the weekend, plus I save calories from earlier in the week to be able to enjoy a meal out or a few drinks.

I plan it like any other day so that I don't need much will power
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I usually have a lot of calories to use on the weekend because I often have at least one day with a high calorie burn. And I track calories weekly which allows for higher calorie days.

I definitely don't rely on willpower. For me habits are much more reliable and work long-term.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I am another one who saves calories for the weekend. Dinners out, family functions, events. I have lots of wiggle room.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I actually do better usually on the weekends. It gives me more time to plan and cook what I want to eat. That's usually when I eat my best tasting healthy meals.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    GIRL me too. It's that one glass of wine that turns into 3, that lets cook dinner tonight ! that turns into i'm tired, pizza? and always that I did good all week - time to relax! I also, like most people posting here, don't eat back my "exercise calories" all week to save them for my weekend freedom, but I can tell it's still hindering my results. One month on a doctor reco-diet and plan and only down a little over 2 lbs. I blame my weekends. Time to adjust I guess!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I eat more on the weekends, but I also get in more exercise in addition to more general activity. I usually get in at least one 1-2 hour bike ride on the weekend, if not two. I'm also "busy" shooting hoops with my kiddos, cleaning, fixing this or that, doing some rock climbing or going for a hike, etc. During the week I'm on my butt at the office most of the day, so weekends are pretty easy.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Do something active on the weekend and/or bank calories for the weekend.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    GIRL me too. It's that one glass of wine that turns into 3, that lets cook dinner tonight ! that turns into i'm tired, pizza? and always that I did good all week - time to relax! I also, like most people posting here, don't eat back my "exercise calories" all week to save them for my weekend freedom, but I can tell it's still hindering my results. One month on a doctor reco-diet and plan and only down a little over 2 lbs. I blame my weekends. Time to adjust I guess!

Banking calories will not hinder fat loss unless you are exceeding your weekly calorie goal.

Eating more on some days than others may cause the scale to go up temporarily due to water weight fluctuation and/or extra food in your digestive tract.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Weekends used to be a problem for me.

Now I save up calories during the week for the weekend, plus I'm more active over the weekend. I've been able to easily lose weight and maintain my weight doing this.

Depending on what I eat I can gain water weight from too much sodium or carbs. It's just temporary and goes away in a couple of days.