Adding method to a recipe

Options
mercer77tm
mercer77tm Posts: 2 Member
Hi I'm newish to my fitness Pal. Been logging my recipes but wondered if there is a way log the method etc. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance x

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    There isn't a way to add a method or instructions to recipes. There are various other websites where that's possible (though they may or may not calculate calories).
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,971 Member
    Options
    A workaround would be to put the method in the notes section of your food diary the day you first make it, and include that date in the name of the recipe so you could find the notes the next time you make the recipe.
  • mercer77tm
    mercer77tm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks I have a look when I add another recipe. Thanks x
  • misstillyflop
    misstillyflop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you save it as a meal, not a recipe, then you can add a method
  • lilylily
    lilylily Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you save it as a meal, not a recipe, then you can add a method
    Thanks for the tip! I've just tried this on the web version and it's not there, but when I looked on the app, it was. I prefer to use the web interface and will ask if it's likely to be added but suspect the answer will be no. However, it's great to have it on the app.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the most ridiculous thing? It has been that way since I started logging on MFP several years ago. Not to be a Negative Nellie, BUT.... in general the platform has lost functionality, not added it, over the years. I keep my recipes and notes in Evernote, FWIW.

Love the workarounds, though. Great idea about including the date in the name. And I use the meal function a ton, so I'll check that on the app as well. (I also use the web interface more but tweak quantities on the app.)
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,928 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    X
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    The Import Recipe is laughably inaccurate, so I use it solely to get a link to the recipe, and then manually update the vast majority of the not matched items. (Plus I like having a thumbnail.)

For recipes from cookbooks I will add the name of the book, usually JOC.