Pregnant and logging. Should I update my weight under goals as I'm gaining,or leave it at pre weight

Options
Hi everyone! I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant almost. I have my mfp set to maintain and average around 2000-2200 cals a day depending how active I am

I started out overweight. I'm 5'6 and started at 175. I was really hoping to only gain around 20lbs max which is a healthy amount for my size.

I'm already up ten pounds though! I never go over calories, eat fairly clean and I am doing pregnancy safe exercise.

I am not going to diet or anything but want to make sure I don't gain too much too fast.

I'm curious if I should update my weight in the goals section as I gain or not?

Those who are or have been pregnant and on here what did you do?

Thanks!

Replies

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I don't recall if I did, I don't really update the goals as far as weight because that is when MFP goes on to calculate your NEAT and what not. I always just go override with my TDEE, which is definitely what I did when I was pregnant. I don't think the goal number matters other than to calculate how long it will take you to reach your goal if you eat the number of calories they recommend, and to do stuff like update your ticker. I had a predetermined number of calories because I was on the GD diet, which is why I was logging.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Please talk to your doctor about how much you should plan on gaining. I suggest that you set your pre-preganacy weight then set the goal to gain the amount directed by your doctor.
  • InspiredBrunette
    InspiredBrunette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I’m eating at maintenance about 1800 I’m 28 weeks
  • Ninebubblewaters
    Ninebubblewaters Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ty for replies!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Please talk to your doctor about how much you should plan on gaining. I suggest that you set your pre-preganacy weight then set the goal to gain the amount directed by your doctor.

The OP stated she wants to limit to 20lbs, which is the middle of the recommended gain for overweight mothers. I honestly assumed she got that number from her doctor. It's only 15-25lbs for overweight women, not the 25-35 for healthy weight mothers.

Definitely consult with your doctor, 15-25lbs is recommended generally. Make sure that is what is good for you with your doctor.
  • Ninebubblewaters
    Ninebubblewaters Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ty! I did!