HELP!! what did I do wrong?

Options
Hi,
I am on diet chef and was advised to eat 1500 cals a day. After a week of struggling to eat so much, I only lost a pound :sad: so I decided to alter my calorie intake. I tried to change my goals with MFP, stating I'm 5'2, have an active lifestyle, and want to lose 2 pounds per week and MFP set my calorie intake to just under 4000 cals per day!!! tried twice and got the same result.
Please help.

Replies

• DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    doesn't happen over night, have you tried adding exercise to your diet?
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    make sure you are entering everything properly. Is there an extra digit in your weight? Are you indicting that your life is :"sedentary" if it is?
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your profile and think I know what is wrong. You have your profile set to record kilograms, according to the ticker on your profile page. If you are entering your weight number in terms of in pounds, but the website is recording it as kilograms, THAT will foul things up for sure. To correct things, you need to go to your diet/fitness profile in settings and change the unit of measurement from kilograms to pounds. That should straighten things out.
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am on diet chef and was advised to eat 1500 cals a day. After a week of struggling to eat so much, I only lost a pound :sad: so I decided to alter my calorie intake. I tried to change my goals with MFP, stating I'm 5'2, have an active lifestyle, and want to lose 2 pounds per week and MFP set my calorie intake to just under 4000 cals per day!!! tried twice and got the same result.
    Please help.

I just read your profile. What defines your active lifestyle. If it is the taking care of/chasing after 2 little ones, that is still a mainly sedentary lifestyle IMO. Many people cha se after something or another each day. To ME (and others may agree or disagree), active lifestyle is someone that does physical labor or the like: landscaping, on foot newspaper delivery guy, etc. Something you do for more or less the same amount of time each day, 5 or more days a week. Otherwise you are better of choosing sedentary and entering some "running" or "fast walking" in as activity per day. I think choosing "active" when you MIGHT not be (you did not give us enough info, including the most important, WEIGHT!) sets you up to for failure and disappointment
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    lol..I assure there is NOTHING sedentary about looking after mobile twins....in a flat up 4 flights of stairs with no lift. also walk most of the way home every night- about 45 mins). It was an adviser at diet chef that I spoke to personally who advised me to stick to 1500 cals but I will drop down to 1200 anyway as I find 1500 cals is just way too much for me to eat.
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    brilliant...thanks. Why didn't I spot that? Thanks. i'll change it and see what happens. :)
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi,
    Please help.
    I just looked at your profile and think I know what is wrong. You have your profile set to record kilograms, according to the ticker on your profile page. If you are entering your weight number in terms of in pounds, but the website is recording it as kilograms, THAT will foul things up for sure. To correct things, you need to go to your diet/fitness profile in settings and change the unit of measurement from kilograms to pounds. That should straighten things out.

I think weeklink is probably right about you entering your weight in pounds as weight in kilos.

I too am onDietChef which set my calories as 1500. On this site I chose a pound and a half a week and put that I only do 5 minutes of exercise and it suggested exactly the same 1500 calories a day
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    nope :noway: everything in kilos and still insists I need 3000+ cals. think I'll just set it manually.
  • Bloodie
    Bloodie Posts: 53
    Options
    Hmm it really depends on what your weight is and of course your exercise if you got the diet part covered. There's no WAY im getting even close to my suggested calories even though some people say that i shoud, but this is working wonders for me so far :) My suggested intake is about 2600 per day + the exercise ... so i get to about 3500-3600 per day, and no way im gonna go there heh. I basically keep my diet at about 1500-1800 per day (depending on the workouts) so im always left with about 1800-2000 of spare, but i really dont trouble myself with that :) As abricklin stated, I'd go with sedentary lifestyle and add that 45 min walk to exercise rather than switching to active lifestyle
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel, i've GAINED two pounds