It's NEVER too late ;) I'm 43 years old

Options
Jovette42
Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
Jan10_zps0587f00a.jpg

In 2000 I got injured while I was in the Marines and ended up getting kicked out:brokenheart: All I ever wanted to be was a Marine, since the age of 15, and now everything I knew was gone. I did NOT want to be a civilian again :explode: But God's plan was not my plan and it hasn't taken me a VERY VERY long time to accept that. When I got out in 2003 I was the biggest I've ever been in my life (pic not provided) but it was around 180lbs. Short and fat was not where I wanted to be. I lost weight slowly but it was coming off so I was patient. Then I would do the yo-yo thing and didn't understand why.

In Dec 2011 I reach the weight of 170lbs AGAIN and I had enough. I gave birth to my biggest and oldest child at 164 so I was done :sad: I told my husband that I wanted Brazil Butt Lift, a Beachbody coach and Shakeology for my bday and Christmas present and he was more than happy to make me happy. Jan 2012 I joined MFP too bc guess who doesn't eat?? YEP me :ohwell: Guilty as charged. So I figured if I have to track my foods I would be forced to eat and I WAS RIGHT BABY :bigsmile:

I did not start off very well at all but 1 yr and almost 9 mos later I can say I still don't have it all together. :laugh: So I decided to help you stay motivated. Despite what you see and hear SLOW and STEADY really does win the race. I take it one day at a time. And I'm VERY VERY patient now. (I have a dressy pair of pants that wook me 4 1/2 years to get into. I call them my traveling pants bc it too that long for it to go from my knees to be able to button completely and comfortable. Sooooooo hang in there. Never Give Up!! Never Surrender!!

I am a FREE coach bc I want to make a change in people's life. I enjoy seeing other people's body do exactly what it's suppose to do since mine wants to be stubborn :laugh: But it really does give me hope bc I know I will reach my goal of 122lbs. (Every year I put that on my list of goals and since 2003 it's still there BUT I don't give up and I won't let my clients give up too. I'm a great cheerleader and motivator (Personally I think they are some what scared of me:flowerforyou: I don't know why???

When I weighed in on Monday I was at 142.8lbs so I have 20 more lbs to go. I know some people think 122lbs is too low but they keep forgetting that I'm ONLY 5'1" So I will get toned and I will get rid of The D.O.F. (decade old fat) just watch and see :smooched:

Thanks to all those that helped me put this together I sure hope the pics come out. Happy Tuesday!
BeforeT25_zpsd3f734a3.jpg

Replies

• lilliann7877
    Options
    wow! you look great! very motivational . keep up the hard work!
  • Jovette42
    Options
    wow! you look great! very motivational . keep up the hard work!

Thank you. You know it!! :wink:
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Great job! I don't have the confidence you do to post my photo. Congratulations!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You have done great!! but 43 is not old and there are many success stories on MFP that are older :flowerforyou:

Keep up the good work
  • jedgarner11
    jedgarner11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    great job
  • Jovette42
    Options
    Great job! I don't have the confidence you do to post my photo. Congratulations!

Thanks. I figured it will motivate more to reach my 122 :wink:
  • Jovette42
    Options
    You have done great!! but 43 is not old and there are many success stories on MFP that are older :flowerforyou:

Keep up the good work

I know it's just a number I turn every year. I don't act like it :laugh: and the fact the I don't look it helps too
  • Jovette42
    Options
    great job
    thank you :smile:
  • fatt_boyy_slimm
    Options
    Outstanding!! I don't know you but I'm proud of you! I got mines off at age 39. I weighed 358 lbs...I now try to keep my weight between 200-215 lbs with my current weight (as of last Wednesday - that's my weight day) is 211 lbs. I know: I gotta lose 6 pounds .. Anyhow, keep looking ahead!
  • Jovette42
    Options
    Outstanding!! I don't know you but I'm proud of you! I got mines off at age 39. I weighed 358 lbs...I now try to keep my weight between 200-215 lbs with my current weight (as of last Wednesday - that's my weight day) is 211 lbs. I know: I gotta lose 6 pounds .. Anyhow, keep looking ahead!
    That is AWESOME!! You got this!!
  • Tstyles74
    Options
    Jan10_zps0587f00a.jpg

In 2000 I got injured while I was in the Marines and ended up getting kicked out:brokenheart: All I ever wanted to be was a Marine, since the age of 15, and now everything I knew was gone. I did NOT want to be a civilian again :explode: But God's plan was not my plan and it hasn't taken me a VERY VERY long time to accept that. When I got out in 2003 I was the biggest I've ever been in my life (pic not provided) but it was around 180lbs. Short and fat was not where I wanted to be. I lost weight slowly but it was coming off so I was patient. Then I would do the yo-yo thing and didn't understand why.

In Dec 2011 I reach the weight of 170lbs AGAIN and I had enough. I gave birth to my biggest and oldest child at 164 so I was done :sad: I told my husband that I wanted Brazil Butt Lift, a Beachbody coach and Shakeology for my bday and Christmas present and he was more than happy to make me happy. Jan 2012 I joined MFP too bc guess who doesn't eat?? YEP me :ohwell: Guilty as charged. So I figured if I have to track my foods I would be forced to eat and I WAS RIGHT BABY :bigsmile:

I did not start off very well at all but 1 yr and almost 9 mos later I can say I still don't have it all together. :laugh: So I decided to help you stay motivated. Despite what you see and hear SLOW and STEADY really does win the race. I take it one day at a time. And I'm VERY VERY patient now. (I have a dressy pair of pants that wook me 4 1/2 years to get into. I call them my traveling pants bc it too that long for it to go from my knees to be able to button completely and comfortable. Sooooooo hang in there. Never Give Up!! Never Surrender!!

I am a FREE coach bc I want to make a change in people's life. I enjoy seeing other people's body do exactly what it's suppose to do since mine wants to be stubborn :laugh: But it really does give me hope bc I know I will reach my goal of 122lbs. (Every year I put that on my list of goals and since 2003 it's still there BUT I don't give up and I won't let my clients give up too. I'm a great cheerleader and motivator (Personally I think they are some what scared of me:flowerforyou: I don't know why???

When I weighed in on Monday I was at 142.8lbs so I have 20 more lbs to go. I know some people think 122lbs is too low but they keep forgetting that I'm ONLY 5'1" So I will get toned and I will get rid of The D.O.F. (decade old fat) just watch and see :smooched:

Thanks to all those that helped me put this together I sure hope the pics come out. Happy Tuesday!

This is the main reason I"m on this site everyday. Gracious people like you who keep me motivated. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I'm totally motivated! You look AWESOME!
  • Tstyles74
    Options
    Jan10_zps0587f00a.jpg

ps.... FORTY is the new twenty.
  • Jovette42
    Options

ps.... FORTY is the new twenty.

That's right baby!!
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Sorry about the injury, that really sucks. My friend got med-boarded too, and she is fighting her way to a balanced civvie life. I'm proud of your accomplishements: getting fit and being successful at transitioning to civilian. BTW: you are in great shape!
  • ArkChickie
    Options
    You have done AWESOME!!! I am 61 and starting on a weight loss...Your right...It's NEVER too late!!!
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    Great Job!!! My journey has taken me almost two years, 10 more pounds to go!! You look great keep up the good work.
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hmm... age as you... never to late. You kick *kitten*$
  • onclark77
    Options
    I'm 54 and want to stay off additional diabetic meds! Needing to loose 24 lbs. I want that 'I can do" mentality. You look great, congratulations! Day one (again) but I only went 41 calories over! It's a start!
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, Jovette!
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!