Thank you Myfitnesspal members

Options
eschmand1
eschmand1 Posts: 9 Member
I just wanted to give a quick shout-out of thanks to all of the posters on this site. Today is Day 45 of learning to eat better nutritionally and I have lost 30 lbs. The last three years have been rough from a physical standpoint. In March 2016 at 51 I had both hips replaced on the same day. The surgery was a huge success but for some reason I lost all control when it came to eating. I was never a small guy and I usually hovered around 260. That was too heavy for my 5'11" frame but I just told myself that is how I was going to be as all other males in my family were that size. I've had major surgery on my right shoulder and both knees are severely arthritic and degenerated so I am limited with physical exercise. I used to walk several miles a day but that had stopped as the hips got more painful. Long story short, by Christmas 2018 I weighed in at about 340 and I realized that I was miserable.

Worse my brother-in-law died as did several co-workers and spouses of co-workers. Several others had heart attacks. Suddenly, I was scared as almost all were right at my age. 45 days ago I decided that I needed to make a change or I would be following them into an early grave. I told my husband and a few close friends that I was finally going to start eating right and with the help of this site and stories on here I am now down almost 3 inches in the waist. People are starting to notice and telling me how good I look and that is so exciting. I know that I still have a long way to go but I am taking it day-to-day. I no longer tell myself that I want to lose x number of lbs. Instead I tell myself that today I am going to make the correct choice everytime I eat. For the most part I do. I allow myself small amounts of "bad" foods (just can't give up Cheetos and M&M's entirely) but I no longer gorge on them. About once a week I have a "cheat" day where I eat what I want but the strange thing is that even on those days I don't go nuts. The other night my husband and I had pizza but instead of eating four or five pieces I had two and ate a bowl of cauliflower with a bit of light Ranch dressing instead. I was stuffed and didn't eat again that night.

My progress so far as been prompted by the stories I see on here. Whether you know it or not your journies have helped me along mine. I just wanted to say thanks!

Replies

• SuperCartman
    SuperCartman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and step toward a healthier you. Keep at it :)
  • neeceelynn
    neeceelynn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and wish you continued success
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!