Planning vs Logging

2»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I have worked out a pretty steady breakfast and lunch that I now takes me to around 500 calories if I eat both meals home and 600 if I go out to lunch. That gives me 620 for the rest of the day (plus exercise).

Almost everything I eat for breakfast and lunch fits in that calorie range. Because of that I can eat almost anything I normally eat for dinner and will hit my calorie goal with room for a snack or dessert.

If I know I'm going out for dinner with the girls or to a party I'll be lighter on lunch or the day before or exercise extra beforehand so I have a few extra hundred calories to spare.

I like flexibility in my eating. However, with enough experience you can be both planful AND spontaneous.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Prelogging for the past few months, LOVE IT
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    I only prelog on my working days. Days off I just go with the flow.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    I find if I pre-log the night before or in the morning, I almost always stay within my calorie goal. Otherwise, if I log as I go, or worse at the end of the day, I am usually over and haven't had enough protein.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Thank you all so much for replying. I will keep on planning.
    It sounds like the key to success to me.
    I will try to cut back on the dancing juice (but it is my only vice!)

The planning really is freeing up my mind and taking the stress out of fuelling my body with balanced meals.

I'ves lost 12lbs of fat and put on 7lbs of muscle too (in 4 weeks) so I'm a very happy girl.