I'm back with a goal to loose 85lbs.

Options
I'm a busy full time working Wife and Mom of 3 kids. 12, 10 and 7. Husband and I are about to start working opposite shifts so I am taking this opportunity to refocus on me. I have a goal to loos 85lbs. Looking for support group from new friends with a big goal like me.

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I lost 75 pounds 3 years ago. 20 pounds have crept back on. My goal is to loose a total of 45 pounds: the 20 pounds I had lost and 25 more. Let's encourage each other! We can do it!
  • LeighAnn2871
    LeighAnn2871 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new friends and support as well!! I have a goal to lose 80-100 lbs.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,239 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 to lose...you are welcome to add me ....I love being anyone's cheerleader :)
  • GreenValli
    edited March 2019
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Even though the scale goes up and down these days, maybe due to fluctuations depending on what I have eaten or when, I am slowly going in the right direction this past week. DOWN! I have not let a few tenths of a pound discourage me. Drinking more water, too.

Anyone have a good day or encouragement to share?

Off to the gym this afternoon since I am not scheduled to work today but am working the rest of the week. Taking advantage of the time I have.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,581 Member
    Options
    Hey @GreenValli - It may be a little abstract, but I can tell you from 18 months on this project and over 100 pounds lost that slowly going in the right direction is perfect. Stay in action, stay focused on small improvements. Watch what works and what does not, and make updates accordingly. You can do this!
  • GreenValli
    Options
    Hey @GreenValli - It may be a little abstract, but I can tell you from 18 months on this project and over 100 pounds lost that slowly going in the right direction is perfect. Stay in action, stay focused on small improvements. Watch what works and what does not, and make updates accordingly. You can do this!

Thanks Austin, I am ready to tackle it again, and lose more. I think my knees and feet will be happier as I lose more, too. When I am at the grocery store, I sometimes pick up a 5 lb or 10 lb bag of potatoes to remind myself how much it weighs.

I sincerely appreciate your example, advice, and encouragement.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a few weeks and 10lbs into my goal of losing around 80lbs. We've got this!