Don’t wanna pancake booty

Options
Hello! I’ve been in FP for almost two weeks and am wondering How I can get good cardio sessions in without losing my butt? One of my goals is to build my glutes but I’m afraid the cardio I’ve started is just going to make my butt go bye bye. I don’t run much but I do stairs, HIIT and Tabata workouts and lots of squats, deadlifts and lunges BUT the squats, deadlifts, and lunges don’t burn many calories and the workouts that do burn a lot of calories I’m afraid are also going to start burning my butt off. What should I do that will burn a good amount of calories and also build my glutes? I’d appreciate any tips you can share! Thanks so much!

Replies

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the above.
    My pancake bum is transforming nicely into a well rounded booty with the Strong Curves program.
  • cilliandelaney
    cilliandelaney Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Haha genetics can be a gift or a curse when it come to the 🍑🍑 😂😂
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    My butt went from flat to nicely round and toned by doing cardio. MANY cardio exercises work your glutes. Running and walking (on incline), stair stepper, elliptical (with incline and resistance), and especially bikes. I don't know where you got the idea cardio gives you a pancake butt, lol.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like your training is appropriate. You are, after all, squatting and deadlifting.
    I run stairs in a stadium a lot and I think it really does help build strength. Will you build size running stairs? Meh. Probably not. But I doubt a person would lose size either.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Barbell squats ATG and KB swings.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Cardio doesn't use muscle for fuel so stop worrying.
    What can result in losing muscle is being inactive, excessive deficit, lack of training stimulus, woeful lack of protein in your diet. Does any of that apply to you?

BTW - do you realise that the daily goal on here assumes you will eat back exercise calories rather than use exercise to boost your deficit to what may be unhealthy and/or counter-productive levels?