WAt if ur defecit is too big when doing IF???

Options
How would u know??? If u aren’t counting cals

Replies

• sanda4930
    sanda4930 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    You would pay attention to your weight and make sure you aren't losing too fast

Oh Yeahh. Have u tried IF?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    No, unless you consider fasting from 11pm to 7am IF, ;)

I just kind of wing it to be honest. I used to track years ago and now when I diet down I just eat less and track my weight to make sure I am eating in a deficit.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    That is the downside of not calculating calories. You may be losing too fast or too slow and adjusting how much you eat will end up being a guess that could overcompensate in either direction.

The other problem is you need several weeks of data to determine what your rate of loss is (if any) and if you are not very consistent you may be eating more one week than you did the week before thus muddying the data water.

It is entirely possible and I am not pushing calorie counting I just wanted to point out that it could be difficult. People do manage to do it successfully though.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of people who do IF and calorie counting. I'd argue that IF works best with calorie counting vs. not counting and hoping you are in an appropriate deficit.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    @MikePTY, I agree.