Ultimate Accountability Challenge April 2019

2»

Replies

• lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    April will be my 4th month doing UAC. This group is filled with the most dedicated, positive, encouraging, open and honest people.
    The 3 healthy habits we are working on sound pretty simple but it takes real dedication to reach the winner’s circle. I got there once! Regardless of that achievement we are all celebrated as winners. I know even after pass day 4, I keep checking in each day.
    I like that we don’t focus on scale numbers (although we certainly celebrate them!), instead we are focused on the skills that help us achieve our goals.
    Being accountable to myself and checking in is now a part of my journey. I’ve lost 74lbs, 18 of those since I started with UAC. My focus has shifted more towards fitness and less about an ideal weight, I can thank UAC for that.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    @lalabank, congrats on your faithfulness to your health and that 74-pound loss! That's incredible!!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Welcome back, @bisonpitcher!
  • monaraehill2
    monaraehill2 Posts: 61 Member
    I would like to join this group, but do not see a place in the original group (By Ranger Rick) to join. Did I miss something? TIA!
  • monaraehill2
    Ok, found it! MFP wasn't popping up the reply bar for some strange reason. I would like to make myself accountable, too. I cannot exercise every day, because of a significant injury that I manage, but I can (and have) exercise(d) to excess on the days when I do. lol. I walk a lot, though, and generally get my 5000 daily steps, even on the days I don't officially exercise.
    My biggest problem is going to be to switch my habit of carbo loading the night b4 the days that I exercise. I basically IF on exercise days (so I feel lighter and the workouts are easier), and eat whatever on my off days. I am almost ALWAYS super hungry on my rest days, so I've gotten in the habit of letting myself snack and eat (sometimes to excess) on those days, and then depending on using exercise as both an appetite suppressant and a rejuvenator. Not a bad strategy, but not really getting me to a place where I can be super consistent in food intake, either.
    Anyhow, bookmarking this so I can come back........hopefully, it'll help!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Ok, found it! MFP wasn't popping up the reply bar for some strange reason. I would like to make myself accountable, too. I cannot exercise every day, because of a significant injury that I manage, but I can (and have) exercise(d) to excess on the days when I do. lol. I walk a lot, though, and generally get my 5000 daily steps, even on the days I don't officially exercise.
    My biggest problem is going to be to switch my habit of carbo loading the night b4 the days that I exercise. I basically IF on exercise days (so I feel lighter and the workouts are easier), and eat whatever on my off days. I am almost ALWAYS super hungry on my rest days, so I've gotten in the habit of letting myself snack and eat (sometimes to excess) on those days, and then depending on using exercise as both an appetite suppressant and a rejuvenator. Not a bad strategy, but not really getting me to a place where I can be super consistent in food intake, either.
    Anyhow, bookmarking this so I can come back........hopefully, it'll help!

20 minutes (even if not consecutive) of intentional walking would still count as "officially exercise".
  • monaraehill2
    edited March 2019
    Well, so, I was tired today, and it was fairly miserable here, weather wise. We went at the right time, as the temp started dropping and it was raining so, hypothermia weather. I only got 3574 steps, and it was at least 20 minutes although they were verrrrry slowwwww minutes, as our little diggity dog is old, half-blind, half-deaf, diabetic and his hind legs are going, AND, we forgot his wagon, so it was it was. lol.
    Met my calorie goals. Wasn't hard as wasn't really hungry. Mostly tired as I only got about 5 hours of sleep. That darn "This is Us" series, kept me up. Along with Binge watching "Billions" Sheesh.
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Is it okay to bank some calories for a higher calorie day (all within weekly budget) and to count all those days as meeting calorie goals?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    If you haven't found it yet .... Join us at this official Group Reporting link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/131887-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2019

Look down the list to "today's date", and let us know how you did with The Three Questions ... See you there!
  • monaraehill2
    Always do at least 20 minutes of walking around. Not really a couch potato and never have been. Even yesterday, I walked at least 1 mile, and that was the least exercise I've done, in quite awhile. Today, I did my 90 minute dance routine. My garmin has been problematic. Monday, it wouldn't sync, today, I broke the strap, when I first started dancing. I was able to successfully change the band back to the original, so I am pretty proud of myself, as my hands are HUGE and those screws are infinitesimal......AND, I didn't swear, NOT once. lol.
  • nrkelly04
    nrkelly04 Posts: 29 Member
    Is it too late to join?! I’m really needing accountability!!!