Resistance Bands

Options
I have been doing an all over body workout with the resistance bands. It's about half hour long and u definitely feel it in my arms and legs. The workout also incorporates abs (it's a full body workout). I don't really feel it in my abs though. My question, can using resistance bands also help tone your abs? My main trouble spots are triceps and abs. I lost about 17 lbs so far but definitely need to tone. I have a bad back and neck so I usually do pilates and just started the resistance bands.

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    For your triceps & abs, variations of the seated triceps extensions using your resistance bands might be an option. Even overheads, kickbacks, leg pull-ins or an alternative would be for you to consider the use of a rowing machine, ONLY technique conscious, at some nearby gym.
  • treeburger
    treeburger Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! The YouTube video I do seems to cover all if not most of that so hopefully I will see some results in a few weeks or so. 😁
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Here are a few of my favorite moves I do with my resistance band for my abs/core:

1. Step on the band evenly, hip width apart. Bring the ends of band to chest level and do slow side to side twists.

2. Fold the band in half and raise above your head. Take one side and pull down towards your hip. This move works the obliques. Repeat on the other side.

3. Place the band around your ankles. Feet are slightly wider then hip-width apart. Place hands behind ears. Lift left knee towards your right elbow and crunch and hold for a couple of seconds. Repeat on other side.

4. Place the band under one foot. Lift the band above your head and stretch towards the opposite side. Slowly bring the band down to the other side crunch and hold for a couple of seconds and repeat.

For the triceps:

1. Kickbacks with the band. Keep your arm elevated and straight to really engage the triceps.

2. Place band behind your chest. Lift both arms towards your head. Bend your arm, extend and repeat.

3. One arm overhead tricep extension: Stand on one end of the band. Raise the other end above your head. Bend your elbow and extend. Keep your elbow pointed up.

I usually do 3 rounds with 10 - 12 reps. I find them very effective.

Hope this was clear and helps. Good luck!
  • treeburger
    treeburger Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I am definitely going to try these!!