What are some good podcasts?

Ive been playing iheart radio when working and wondered what are some good podcasts i could listen to? Any and all suggestions would help. Im not really a podcast guy so any help would help on this.

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I like Sigma Nutrition.
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    I like Sigma Nutrition.

Thanks ill look that up
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Business wars. Not about diet/fitness, but fun and interesting!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    I listen to these two regularly:
    Half Size Me
    WhysAdvice (Fatdag)
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    I like Food for Fitness.
  • Longshore
    Thanks ill look these up for sure. All these help me tons. I like lots of information
  • thelandkraken
    thelandkraken Posts: 91 Member
    When I’m exercising I listen to Zombies, Run! Which is a podcast/app designed specifically for exercising to with a really gripping story attached.

For general podcasts I listen to “Casefile” which is one true crime case a week gone through fact by fact. And “Welcome to Night Vale” which is a surrealist comedy/drama show. Occasionally I’ll also listen to “The Thrilling Adventure Hour” too.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Those Conspiracy Guys
    Science vs.
    Philosophize This!
  • Longshore
    @thelandkraken Ive heard alot bout this Zombies run. I will have to look more into this. Some people at my work do this and I just thought it was a game on there phone lol.
  • thelandkraken
    You should definitely look into it! It’s not a game, it’s a story/exercise tool. Basically you play Runner 5 in the apocalypse and stories happen as you’re instructed to run through the wilderness, occasionally speeding up or slowing down.
  • amusedmonkey
    edited March 2019
    Longshore wrote: »
    @thelandkraken Ive heard alot bout this Zombies run. I will have to look more into this. Some people at my work do this and I just thought it was a game on there phone lol.

It is kinda sorta a game, but the story kind, not the clicky kind, more of an experience than a game. Very good story, I love it. It's told intermittently, however. You could set up your own music to listen to between story segments or listen to the fictional in-game radio, but if you want something that delivers a continuous stream of story/talk, it may not be what you're looking for. Check it out, regardless. It's good.
  • Longshore
    Now Im angst to get home to look this up and give it a try. How long sre they?

• amusedmonkey

You can set the duration yourself, but the first episodes generally start with 30 or so minutes by default. Changing the duration changes the wait between story segments. If your workout isn't step or distance based, you could also set it for "constant pace" so you don't have to worry about zombies catching up with you, or you could disable zombie chases.
  • thelandkraken

You can set the duration yourself, but the first episodes generally start with 30 or so minutes by default. Changing the duration changes the wait between story segments. If your workout isn't step or distance based, you could also set it for "constant pace" so you don't have to worry about zombies catching up with you, or you could disable zombie chases.

As amused monkey said, you can alter the duration in the settings. I usually have it set to about 30 minutes, because then I get to listen to some of the radio mode afterwards as well (I'm addicted to Jack and Eugene on radio mode). On the free version I think you can listen to one or two missions per week. I have the premium mode (which lets you listen to all current seasons so far unlimited), which is only £2.29 per month, and is well worth it for me given how much I listen to it/love it, and how much it helps me keep active.

I hate the treadmill HATE IT but I've stayed on it an extra half hour than necessary because I just HAD to know what happened in the next episode.
  • Longshore
    downloaded and ready to roll. This might make my cardio doable lmao!
  • thelandkraken
    Best of luck, new Runner 5! I can’t wait to hear how it goes for you.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Serial and S-Town podcasts had me hooked for a good few hours of running & turbo training this winter. I’m just starting on Homecoming.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited March 2019
    Any of the Slate podcasts, Lingthusiasm, Code Switch This American Life, Radiolab, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me... Those last three are also on on a good chunk of NPR affiliates, though I typically end up listening to the podcast versions or via NPR One. I also second the Science Vs. podcast.
  • Longshore
    Didnt get a chance to do a Zombie run last night. Got super busy with Softball stuff. Will do one today when i get home for sure. Science VS seem pretty popular will def give that a look.

Thanks for all these great suggestions.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Those Conspiracy Guys
    Science vs.
    Philosophize This!

This.

"Serial" is also so good