Recovering from Anorexia! I'm scared of getting fat!

Options
2»

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    This thread is still going??????:huh: :noway:
    Unbelievable.:yawn:
  • CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You never want to be "that girl" at 5'5'' and 102lbs?? I'm 5'6'' and 107lbs, and I'm on this site to put on weight. 95, 98lbs is unhealhty, it really is. You're not fat if you pass that 100lbs mark, promise:) Take a break from the exercise focus, and put that energy toward body image rehabilitation. Best of luck op!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Go to your nutritionist and doctor. They can give you the personal support you need.

Although your profile here says 22yrs old, I suspect you are at least 4 years younger.
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm currently recovering from anorexia as the title says. I'm a female, 5'5, bmi is 14.5, and i'm 87 pounds.i really want to betall, at least 5'9. i am growing, about a 1/4 of an inch every 2-4 weeks, but i think if i weren't underweight, i'd be growing more! i also have a super fast metabolism. I'm maintaining my weight at 3000 calories. I'm just so sick of having this disorder, but i am soooooooooooo scared of getting fat. Before anorexia, i had been a healthy weight, but not skinny, yet not fat at 102 pounds. i just don't want to go back to that girl ever again! The lowest weight to be healthy at my height is 95 pounds, but my mom thinks i should maintain 98 pounds. I'm also doing kung fu 3 times a week, walking the track 1-3 times at school 5 days a week, jump rope for 15 minutes everyday, walking a lot everyday, etc. I was doing even more exercise when i was going through anorexia! I guess what i'm trying to say is, can someone give me motivation and support? I'm really struggling here. thank you!

102 is still underweight for 5'5. I'm 5'2 and I'd be underweight at 102. I am happy you are working on getting healthy, but please seek professional consoling and see a nutritionist to know what you should eat and weigh.
  • labud1
    labud1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just gain slowly
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    In what strange reality could 95Ibs ever be considered healthy for someone of 5'5?

Also, if you are under 18, you are not supposed to be on this site to begin with.

Her profile says 22 yo.
    The strange reality of that would be "Anorexia". In which in the subject line she says she's recovering from.

Support goes a long way. Let's all be nice to each other please.

To the OP: This is wonderful to hear. I almost lost a very close childhood friend to anorexia and so it's a sensitive topic for me. I've seen first hand how debilitating it can be. I am very PROUD of you and your accomplishments to eat things that will help you gain weight, and that you are seeing a nutritionist.

My dear, I had anorexia myself, and know all the tricks in the book, and most likely know a damn site more than you do about the illness since I almost died from it. Having anorexia does not mean you lack the common sense to know what a minimum healthy weight is. And also, you clearly missed the point where she said she is still growing. Oh dear. There is support, and then there is validation for unhealthy patterns of thinking.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP, the only way 95 lbs can be close to a healthy weight for a 5'5 female is to be a very young teenager. A healthy minimum weight for a young teen at that height would still be closer to 105 than 95. For an adult at 5'5, we're talking more like 119 and up, give or take a few pounds. But a few pounds, not 24 lbs.

Please see a doctor for this and get some referrals for some help with this in addition to your nutritionist.
  • techmen12
    Options
    Your far from ever being fat! Don't worry, a lot of guys like a little something to grab on to
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is this thread a joke?
    OP not old enough to be here.

Even if you have suffered an eating disorder, it is important to not give advice out. Some of the superstitions and 'help' offered here is extremely harmful. I know you may think you're being kind, but please refrain from interfering and refer this person back to the doctor.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OP's account is deactivated. Not sure why people "bumped" this back up and still responding.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Attack of the zombie thread
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Attack of the zombie thread

What??????? Thread is over..