The hardest thing is trying to lose weight but keep ur curves

Only trying to lose 16lbs but don’t want to lose my curves and “assets” while I’m at it 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    You can't choose where the fat comes off but you can incorporate some strength training to help maintain muscle whilst you lose weight. Check out the recomp thread in the Most Helpful posts.

Yes OP is well advised to do some strength training but recomp is normally done at close to goal weight.
    The Strong Curves program gets a lot of positive feedback.
  • britishbombshell08
    britishbombshell08 Posts: 95 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    You can't choose where the fat comes off but you can incorporate some strength training to help maintain muscle whilst you lose weight. Check out the recomp thread in the Most Helpful posts.

Yes OP is well advised to do some strength training but recomp is normally done at close to goal weight.

I’m not an OP. I just figured out how to find my discussion threads. Sorry for any issues. Thanks anyway. My name is Britt.
  • britishbombshell08
    admaarie wrote: »
    Like others have mentioned, you can’t choose where you lose fat from. I find that no matter how “small” I get, I’ll always be naturally curvy. That’s just my genetics. Believe me, I’ve tired to look less curvy - upped my cardio, larger deficit at one point, etc. It is what it is, your body will lose fat from wherever it chooses. Certain workouts (weight lifting for instance) will help enhance or build specific muscle groups but ultimately your genetics play a large part in how you will store or lose fat.

That’s definitely true. Thanks hun
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    admaarie wrote: »
    Like others have mentioned, you can’t choose where you lose fat from. I find that no matter how “small” I get, I’ll always be naturally curvy. That’s just my genetics. Believe me, I’ve tired to look less curvy - upped my cardio, larger deficit at one point, etc. It is what it is, your body will lose fat from wherever it chooses. Certain workouts (weight lifting for instance) will help enhance or build specific muscle groups but ultimately your genetics play a large part in how you will store or lose fat.

This exactly.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member

I’m not an OP. I just figured out how to find my discussion threads. Sorry for any issues. Thanks anyway. My name is Britt.

Yes you are because OP means original poster - the person who created the thread.

On the other hand I'm almost an OAP if that's the term you were thinking of? :smile:

Thanks. Didn’t know what OP meant 🤦‍♀️ but got it now😉

If you didn't know what OP meant, how could you be so sure you weren't one? ;)
  • britishbombshell08
    ceiswyn wrote: »

Yes you are because OP means original poster - the person who created the thread.

On the other hand I'm almost an OAP if that's the term you were thinking of? :smile:

Thanks. Didn’t know what OP meant 🤦‍♀️ but got it now😉

If you didn't know what OP meant, how could you be so sure you weren't one? ;)

I assumed it was a negative thing and I know nothing about me is negative so I was confident I wasn’t one lol. Guess that’s why they say you shouldn’t assume things 😂🤦‍♀️