The last 10 lbs

Options
gl6h2
gl6h2 Posts: 28 Member
edited March 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Recently I found it hard to lose more weight, as I’m reaching my goal I hit a plateau. I’ve tried IF and doing more cardio but still stuck at my current weight. I’ve decided to do a cheat meal but it didn’t help, I stopped working out for 2 days to trick my body but it didn’t work neither. I’ve lower my calories intake to 1300 a day and nothing changed. I’m frustrated now and don’t know what to do to lose those last 10 lbs.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck?
  • gl6h2
    gl6h2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    2 weeks in a row without losing any weight
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    gl6h2 wrote: »
    2 weeks in a row without losing any weight

When you only have 10 pounds to lose, weight loss is extremely slow and water weight fluctuations can mask pretty much all the loss. Give it another two weeks - cheating and not exercising don't actually help with fat loss, they just shake up water weight and can help with sanity, so you can go back to your normal routine that you've had success with. You might be due for a whoosh in the next couple weeks.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Patience and consistency. Weight loss can be slow when you get to goal. You don't have a lot of wiggle room in your deficit and water weight can mask progress. You don't need to trick your body. Make sure you are in a deficit and just be patient.