How long until the "pump" sticks around?

Options
Been weight lifting consistently for the past two months and my arms look amazing post-workout. As soon as I turn the corner, they go back to looking exactly how they did before I hit the gym. How long did it take for your muscle definition to stick around for longer than 5 mins?

Replies

• Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    As you lower your overall body fat, your muscle definition will increase. The percentage at which muscle is visible will vary for everyone, since everyone caries fat differently and has a different amount of lean mass.
  • cj778449
    cj778449 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    <=>??
  • cj778449
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thanks Cassandraw3! That's exactly what I was asking about. Getting them to "show" but also look as big? as they do during a workout.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    It took a few bulk/cut cycles for me (~2 years)
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    cj778449 wrote: »
    Thanks Cassandraw3! That's exactly what I was asking about. Getting them to "show" but also look as big? as they do during a workout.

Apart from synthol there’s not much
    You can do post workout to keep them
    Looking as big 😂
  • cj778449
    Options
    Of course I googled that and well...wow 😂. Thanks for the laugh!
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I never look like I work out unless I’m actually working out. That natty life
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    It took a few bulk/cut cycles for me (~2 years)

To clarify, that was for the original pump. Now I have a pump on top of the muscle I built.. it's a never ending cycle :D
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    I never look like I work out unless I’m actually working out. That natty life

Me too. I look like a bulging muscular beast when I work out and just after. But when the pump goes away I just look like a woman with big-sized arms.

SIGH.