Where did my boobs go?

Options
And, are they coming back?

I've lost 19 lbs and I really need a new bra. I've been wanting to go to Nordstrom's and be properly fitted as they did such a great job for my teenager, but with the way things are going they may just hand me two Band-Aids instead!

Replies

• samuelsson
    samuelsson Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Are you serious?! I hit 20 lbs. gone today (huzzah! time to buy my Polar FT4 reward!) and my breasts are freaking HUGE still. I don't get it! Before I gained all this weight I had fairly modest-sized ladies, and then they grew to ginormous ladies with my huge weight gain.

Now...they are still huge. I would like them to get smaller.

(I guess this is one of those grass-is-greener things, hunh.)
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had to lose about 30lbs before getting to the size I wanted. My boobs have definitely gotten smaller, but I think most of what I lost was fat from my back. I hope to stay at 34C forever, this feels like the perfect size *-* lol
  • emelia_
    emelia_ Posts: 91
    Options
    Mine seem to have gotten bigger...or maybe more perky? Haha, I don't know you could always try some pectoral muscle exercises!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I had to lose about 30lbs before getting to the size I wanted. My boobs have definitely gotten smaller, but I think most of what I lost was fat from my back. I hope to stay at 34C forever, this feels like the perfect size *-* lol
    That's how I'm feeling too, lol. I have a feeling I'm going to shrink more, but right now, my 34D's feel perfect. o:
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I feel like mine have only gotten slightly smaller. I still fit in my bra it just has a little extra room in the cup. They are still huge for my size.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

I've lost 19 lbs and I really need a new bra. I've been wanting to go to Nordstrom's and be properly fitted as they did such a great job for my teenager, but with the way things are going they may just hand me two Band-Aids instead!
    Try the Intimacy at Copley for proper fitting. Also, at Athleta on Newbury they have all the sports bras 50% off.
  • GlametteBaby
    Options
    After you guys lost the weight, how much did your cup size decrease? I have 34DD's now and sweet jesus they are heavy. I hoping I'll go down at least one cup size.
  • fnsaleh
    fnsaleh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was a 42 DD at 300 lbs and now I'm a 36 C at 170 lbs.... :/ I miss the big boobies.
  • jen4relient22
    Options
    Mine are gone too, and the little things that are left aren't anything to be proud of. :( I've lost about a cup size and a half (lol) and lost 20 lbs as well. I think I lost the weight pretty evenly from all over my body, but my boobs and butt seem to have lost a little more. :'(
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I only lost band size not cup size......right now however I have a 6 week old baby so all bets are off as to how this will eventually end for the girls......
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I was a 42 DD at 300 lbs and now I'm a 36 C at 170 lbs.... :/ I miss the big boobies.

AWESOME!! I am sick of carrying these 43DD killers around!! :D! means I can fit into my old bras. I was 38C at 170lbs hope to get back there and this post made me happy!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for my kids, I would probably still be a 34B instead of a 38D. I have no complaints. :D
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    They must be with mine... they stowed away on a cargo ship to south-east Asia never to be seen or heard from again. :ohwell:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I think it depends how you lose weight. For me its always boobs, waist, upper body ...then finally lower body. Not all women lose weight that way. I was a 36DD (probably more) and am now 34D. I was a 34D after first 10lbs. I have lost 30lbs.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    IF you find mine while looking for yours, let me know! Mine are gone. I'm seriously thinking about getting new boobies and this is something I NEVER thought I would be wanting until now. GONE and I hate it. BUT, in the same breath, I'd rather have itty bitty titties than be 85lbs heavier! Just one of those things....such is life!
  • Xalanii
    Xalanii Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm at 125lbs with 36DDs, I'm tired of having to double sports bra myself, but it seems the boobs are here to stay.
  • neuroticalme
    neuroticalme Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Current science says (t)it's mostly a matter a genetics and age as far as how and where you store fat, how elastic your skin is, etc.

For my personal example, I've been pregnant and lost large amounts of weight twice, and each time the ladies go to 38 D+, then down to 34B. When I was a teenager, before my first pregnancy, I was a solid 36C throughout my adolescence. Needless to say, my genes combined with the inflation and deflation lead to some loss of fullness and lift. If I take care of my skin, there'll be some more perk after it adjusts to the weight loss, which will give an illusion of fullness, but no...I have a permanent seat on the itty-bitty titty committee.

I look at things like that as out of my realm of control. In order to have large full breasts, I'll need to be 236lbs again, and I don't want that because I wasn't in good shape. I'm 162lbs now, and have small breasts that need girding to be perky.

You're right to get a fitting. It's not about the size, it's about fit and flatter. Good posture, good undies, plus clothes that fit your body, make it all look nice no matter what.

If we're lucky, all of us are going to be 90 years old with plenty of wrinkles and sag, and still the hottest things in assisted living communities. ;)
  • janieardine
    Options
    I am proud to say that my boobs are going away!!! I am so happy for every cup and band size decrease! I can run now without wearing multiple bras, it's wonderful. Good ridden!!!! :smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy:
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Mine just won't go anywhere... Almost 100 lbs ago, I was a 38DD... now I'm a 36D... really thought there would be a much bigger difference in that area!