125 lbs down in less than 1 year no exercise

rpmkarting
rpmkarting Posts: 49 Member
I set out to lose weight in April of 2018. I tipped the scale at 300 lbs and I decided it was too much. With my goal being 175 lbs I wanted to achieve it in 1 years time. Success! Thank you to MyFitnessPal I was able to religiously log every single thing that I put in my mouth for the last 348 days to help me achieve this goal. I chose a modified ketogenic diet to help curb appetite. Now I need to find a new goal. Change body composition while maintaining. I will start working out soon. I was able to lose the weight without working out or exercise. The forum really helped me at different points of this journey. Reading other people’s success stories, challenges, others struggles etc. without this app it would not have been possible. I was able to learn so much from others successes and failures along with other research to keep me on track. The last two months have been slow as I have upped my calories to try to find my true maintance. I lost the majority of this weight eating an avg 1800-2000 calorie diet. I have upped that to 2700-3100 the last 5-6 weeks and have been able to lose even at that!

Replies

• Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    Sweet! Congratulations! What is your favorite change in your life due to the loss? I've just started my journey and hope to have similar results! 27lbs in 40 days so far.
  • rpmkarting
    Remoth wrote: »
    Sweet! Congratulations! What is your favorite change in your life due to the loss? I've just started my journey and hope to have similar results! 27lbs in 40 days so far.

Lots more energy at the end of the day. Less pain in the joints, back etc. first 30 days a lot of water weight. Just need to be dedicated! I maybe had 4-5 “cheat” meals over the last year. That doesn’t mean that I didn’t eat more occasionally. But I almost always stayed within what I wanted my macros to be.

• ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    That’s awesome
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    That is awesome congratulations!
  • BellaB1363
    BellaB1363 Posts: 249 Member
    WELL DONE!!

zrz9urgpakho.gif
  • ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    Only 4 to 5 cheat meals in a year! Wow! That is serious dedication! I think I have had 3 of those already in the 2 months I've been logging and working at this.
    You've done an amazing job!
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    That’s a fantastic loss. It’ll be a year for me in June and so far I’ve lost just 62lbs but still feel proud. I still have another 100 to go :/
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    That’s a fantastic loss. It’ll be a year for me in June and so far I’ve lost just 62lbs but still feel proud. I still have another 100 to go :/

62lbs in 9 months is pretty good going - you are right to be proud of yourself! :D
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Go you! I only lost 40 in a year with 25 still to go but I'm still chugging along, stories like your inspire me to keep going even at my snail's pace!
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member

62lbs in 9 months is pretty good going - you are right to be proud of yourself! :D
    Thank you :)
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    @rpmkarting Way to go!!! Your success is amazing! I wish I could bottle your post and send it to a couple people in my family who have fad dieted, tried everything and end up right back on the wagon of not eating well and never exercising.
    I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work. Working out is going to feel amazing now that you've got so much less weight to carry. I suggest c25k but that's b/c I became addicted to running during my weight loss journey and find it invigorating and freeing and motivating. Do what works for you and keep pushing ahead!
    Again, Congratulations!
  • rpmkarting
    @rpmkarting Way to go!!! Your success is amazing! I wish I could bottle your post and send it to a couple people in my family who have fad dieted, tried everything and end up right back on the wagon of not eating well and never exercising.
    I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work. Working out is going to feel amazing now that you've got so much less weight to carry. I suggest c25k but that's b/c I became addicted to running during my weight loss journey and find it invigorating and freeing and motivating. Do what works for you and keep pushing ahead!
    Again, Congratulations!

I hear that. It is really all about having the right mental mindset from the beginning and staying dedicated. It becomes addicting when you start seeing results. I am picking up a bunch of weights and equipment from some friends that done use it anymore. Will just about have a full gym within our home!
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Go you! I only lost 40 in a year with 25 still to go but I'm still chugging along, stories like your inspire me to keep going even at my snail's pace!

Your snails pace still sounds amazing to me - congrats on all your hard work x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!