What do u eat to curb your hunger after dinner?

Options
I’m just wondering what ideas people have for satisfying end of day hunger after you have whittled away most of your calorie allotment. Lately i have been enjoying 1 tbl natural peanut butter mixed with Oikos 0% vanilla greek yogurt and 1/4 cup Bran Buds. It’s around 300 calories and satisfying. Sometimes I’ll have Cheerios with almond milk. Hoping to get more ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I eat a frozen juice tube for 34 calories.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have sugar free jello or I agree with brushing my teeth helps . Sometimes a nice herbal tea does the trick
  • bllaura10
    bllaura10 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is alright or I’ve been experimenting with low calorie frozen desserts ie cool way or so soya frozen dessert but not very filling if your actually hungry. I also find sparkling water helps.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I usually save calories for after dinner but if it's just one of those days and I am really hungry either a small bowl of cottage cheese, cocktail shrimp, turkey and cheese rolls or some other lower calorie protein.

If I just want to snack and I don't have many calories, maybe a few pickles,
    cucumbers and hot sauce, a pudding cup, a few strips of beef jerky or a chunk of pure (baker's) chocolate.
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Skinny girl microwaveable popcorn (160 calories), a twix/Snickers ice cream bar (160-180 calories) or simply drink flavored water
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I will say that when I do feel like a snack, 2% cottage cheese with some cinnamon is a good choice. 90 calories for a half cup serving.
  • grace42c
    grace42c Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Things that help me: carrots (because they take time to chew and sit in my stomach like little shards), Herbal tea, brushing teeth.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    fcanad wrote: »
    For the I really shouldn’t eat but I’m hungry:
    Sardines
    Unsalted nuts
    A spoonful of olive oil
    Protein powder in water
    Usually something that isn’t going to be a treat food, but something with fat or protein that I have to be hungry to want.

This is a good idea but do you really eat a spoon full of olive oil?? I know that has to be god awful.

I like olive oil - but a 120 calorie spoonful of the stuff doesn't even touch the sides of my stomach so would be completely useless as a hunger-curbing thing. Now, if it was with bread and balsamic vinegar... yuuuuummmmm!!

sardines are good tho!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    fcanad wrote: »
    For the I really shouldn’t eat but I’m hungry:
    Sardines
    Unsalted nuts
    A spoonful of olive oil
    Protein powder in water
    Usually something that isn’t going to be a treat food, but something with fat or protein that I have to be hungry to want.

This is a good idea but do you really eat a spoon full of olive oil?? I know that has to be god awful.

I like olive oil - but a 120 calorie spoonful of the stuff doesn't even touch the sides of my stomach so would be completely useless as a hunger-curbing thing. Now, if it was with bread and balsamic vinegar... yuuuuummmmm!!

sardines are good tho!

I can see eating it with bread or something but just a spoonful of olive oil makes me cringe lol. But I’ve never eating just a spoon full of olive oil so I can’t speak about it but I know that I use it for cooking but I can’t stand the smell of just the olive oil.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Eaten*
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I eat enough at dinner to not be hungry for the rest of the night. I've never been an evening snacker.