Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Zombies, Run! for fitness

2»

Replies

• Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    First walk/run was so so. I guess I thought there would be more of a story the first mission. There are 20 some odd missions so Im sure that will get better. The running "Zombie chasing you" seems a bit long. I thought it would be more of HIIT running. Like run for a minute walk then run another minute walk. It was just running the last 7 min straight at the end. LMAO my stanima for running is not what it once was :) . I was dead by the end of those 7 min. I might not needed to run that whole time I dont know but I just ran until I got to Able.

Ill keep doing it a few more times. From what Ive heard the story is great. It was just that long run....not use to it I guess....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Longshore wrote: »
    First walk/run was so so. I guess I thought there would be more of a story the first mission. There are 20 some odd missions so Im sure that will get better. The running "Zombie chasing you" seems a bit long. I thought it would be more of HIIT running. Like run for a minute walk then run another minute walk. It was just running the last 7 min straight at the end. LMAO my stanima for running is not what it once was :) . I was dead by the end of those 7 min. I might not needed to run that whole time I dont know but I just ran until I got to Able.

Ill keep doing it a few more times. From what Ive heard the story is great. It was just that long run....not use to it I guess....

Run slower!
  • thelandkraken
    thelandkraken Posts: 91 Member

Haha yeah probably should have warned you that it’s not HIIT. People use it in all sorts of ways, and you can turn chases on or off in settings so you can work out at your own pace and just enjoy the story.

Glad you’ve given it a go and I hope you enjoy it more as the season goes on.
  • AkanthaAnil
    AkanthaAnil Posts: 10 Member
    rhaiin wrote: »
    I saw this a few years ago. I was interested at the time, but it was a paid app and I didn't feel like spending money on it. I may check it out again since I want to start walking/jogging again.

It really is worth the money. I have had it for several years now, and it is the ONE thing that really got me interested in running!
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member

Are you using the regular app or the zombies 5k one? The 5k training one will have HIIT! You can also turn off the chases on the regular app and run your own HIIT instead, that's what I plan on doing. I downloaded the Couch25k app on my Fitbit and will be using both Zombies run and C25K to train because I've done the Zombies 5k program a few times so I know the story by heart lol!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh, you guys - the introductory episode, when Sam tells you to run - that's not even an actual zombie chase. It's clearer in the other missions. And a proper zombie chase sequence really is only about a minute or so.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    You can change the chase pattern as well. There is an option to set up run for 1 minute, jog for 1 minute, walk for 2 type of thing. Not sure if that's a member only feature though.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    edited April 2019
    I started with week 2 instead of 1 and I killed it! I was actually able to jog the whole 10 minutes of free form run! It was a VERY slow jog but still! Starting week 3 on Saturday!