Fabulous Female Over 50

Options
BellaB1363
BellaB1363 Posts: 249 Member
Hi, all. I'm from Ontario, Canada and joined MFP as part of a weight loss clinic program on February 21, 2019. To date I have lost 11.4 lbs. My entire family is on this journey in their own ways, but I'll probably be the only one to post anything.

In 2011, I had gastric by-pass surgery, and lost about 120 lbs., but after about 4 years, I started to gain it back slowly - slowly enough that you don't notice until last summer's clothes don't fit anymore. So you dig out the bigger ones - then the next summer THEY don't fit anymore. The circle goes round and round, until you finally realize that you're almost back to your pre-surgery weight. WTH!? So, after trying WW (and succeeding briefly, but then gaining THAT back), I went to the Wharton Medical Clinic and started this program, along with taking Saxenda every day. I'm finding MFP easier to follow than WW new plan (which I hated and that's why I quit).

I'd love to hear from anyone, but especially if you're in the Southern Ontario area.

Replies

• Viddo82
    Viddo82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia, but big props to your journey!!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to encourage you. I had a lapband installed and it didn't help me at all. In fact I had to have it removed due to complications. Then 3 years ago I decided to try to lose again. I had lost and gained many times in my life although I never reached goal. This time it stuck and I lost over 100 lbs and have maintained for a year and a bit. There are lots of successful people on here. Find the diet that works for you and change your lifestyle permanently. You can do it and your surgery can be used as a tool again. Hang in there and don't give up!
  • jasperbrat
    jasperbrat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, from western Canada. I’ve just started back and have a LOT of weight to lose. I’m committed to just keeping track of what I’m eating and trying to walk 3X a week at lunch instead of sitting in front of my computer at work. Small incremental goals and a continued desire to live a more interesting life than sitting at home - these are the things I’m focusing on as I begin again at MFP.