Running - Snapping (popping) hip issue. seeking advise

Options
Hi, my right hip is snapping sometimes. It doesn't hurt. But I feel it popping (kind of feel like it's loose and pop out a little bit) sometimes (not all the time) when I walk.

It only occurs after I ran faster/hard for a few miles and it may last for a few days. (Easy run is ok, only occurs for tempo)
This started about 2 months ago.

While it doesn't hurt, i'm a little concern.
Am I running too much (about 25 - 30 miles per wk, and mostly easy run)? Or is that my form needs to be fixed?

Please advise. thanks

Replies

• mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mine did this too. But after a bit of time it did do away. Make sure your stretching enough. If it doesn't go away soon though is see your doctor to play it safe.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Stretch with a foam roller after your run? This seems to help most of my hip issues (usually pain and/or tightness). I don't usually get popping in my hips, but i do in my shoulders (from jogging stroller). I use the roller on my shoulders too and it helps.
  • actlc
    actlc Posts: 84
    Options
    thanks for advise. My popping is on the side and I surfed the net a bit. It may be called 'Trochanteric Bursitis'. The link below explains it and suggest some exercise to strengthen the area. I probably should try it out.
    http://voices.yahoo.com/can-running-cause-hip-bursitis-trochanteric-8399371.html