How do you track rotisserie chicken?

Options
Because the nutrition label for a rotisserie chicken says 160 calories, but this includes dark meat, skin, breast, fat. So I know it has to just be ~generalized~

So do you track each portion differently? For example: ___g dark meat, __g white meat, ___g skin, etc.

Not a big deal, but genuinely curious!

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    There are entries in the data base for rotisserie chicken, with and without skin. I use that and it is generally pretty accurate. My weight loss/maintenance reflects accurate calorie logging.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Because the nutrition label for a rotisserie chicken says 160 calories, but this includes dark meat, skin, breast, fat. So I know it has to just be ~generalized~

So do you track each portion differently? For example: ___g dark meat, __g white meat, ___g skin, etc.

Not a big deal, but genuinely curious!

I go by the label. I am fine with over-logging some. However, rotisserie chicken is not a staple in my diet. I seldom buy it or eat it so if I log it high it doesn't have any noticeable impact on my rate of loss. If I ate it several times a week I might have to get creative.
  • joannegustyn1971
    joannegustyn1971 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    To the person who woo'ed the question: instead of "woo-ing" why don't you *kitten* state why you think the question was not to your liking?

A long time ago in a universe far away: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PAV8888/view/playing-with-my-food-rotisserie-chicken-740932

Subsequent to that I mostly went with entries that contained: 05342 breast, 05343 drum, 05345 thigh, 05352 wing (because hey, i do eat the skin when it comes to wings!), and, sometimes 05344 skin!

Admittedly, these days I mostly use 05342 and 05045 in some sort of combination and call it a day :smile:

I didn’t know woo was bad. I thought I was woo hooing someone’s comments. I feel bad now. Why would they make a place for negative reactions?
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    To the person who woo'ed the question: instead of "woo-ing" why don't you *kitten* state why you think the question was not to your liking?

A long time ago in a universe far away: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PAV8888/view/playing-with-my-food-rotisserie-chicken-740932

Subsequent to that I mostly went with entries that contained: 05342 breast, 05343 drum, 05345 thigh, 05352 wing (because hey, i do eat the skin when it comes to wings!), and, sometimes 05344 skin!

Admittedly, these days I mostly use 05342 and 05045 in some sort of combination and call it a day :smile:

I didn’t know woo was bad. I thought I was woo hooing someone’s comments. I feel bad now. Why would they make a place for negative reactions?

Haha. It's all good! Wooing is basically just "spamming" for the passive aggressive. Think "eye-roll emoji".
  • pancakerunner
    Options

Helpful, thanks!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I would just weigh the chicken without bones and do that.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    I would just weigh the chicken without bones and do that.

coming back to this... haha. Yeah that's what I have been doing.