Getting rid of the weight

Options
Hey y’all,
I have changed my diet and starting working out in February. I’m trying to get to 180lb, starting at 220lb, and I’m starting to burn out already. I do not like gyms and do all of my working out at home.
Do you have any exercises that work for you to tone out back rolls and lower stomach fat? Those are my two areas I want to tone along with doing cardio to lose the weight.

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,326 Member
    Options
    Body doesn't pick where to loose fat first...

Just keep doing what works for you... I've been walking most part and start light weight lifting.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens when you consistently eat fewer calories than your body burns. Cardio is not required for weight loss. Cardio will give you more calories to eat and will improve your health and fitness, but you can lose weight perfectly well without it. If you want the health/fitness/more calorie benefits, then try different activities until you find one you enjoy.

Fat loss comes with a calorie deficit. There is no exercise that will cause fat loss in a specific area. You can build specific muscle groups, but that does not guarantee that your body will burn the fat over those muscles. It only means that the area will be stronger and, if your body burns that fat, you may see more muscle definition there.
  • meganreid163
    meganreid163 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey! So I started at 220 too last June!
    I’m currently at 193. I lose the first 20 pounds without even working out at the time I just didnt have the time and reducing calories was hard enough.
    I suggest just focusing on reducing your calories, finding lower calorie meals and snacks you love.
    I’ve only recently started working out and like you I do 80% of my work outs at home, I bought a elliptical and do strength training.
    I joined a few classes, a spin class & a hot yoga class which I both love!
    Honestly working out has become a a realese for me, and I enjoy that time because i focus on myself. Also with the warmer weather I’ve been going on long walks with my son in the stroller.
    Find a work out that you enjoy don’t force yourself to do something you don’t enjoy.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Hey y’all,
    I have changed my diet and starting working out in February. I’m trying to get to 180lb, starting at 220lb, and I’m starting to burn out already. I do not like gyms and do all of my working out at home.
    Do you have any exercises that work for you to tone out back rolls and lower stomach fat? Those are my two areas I want to tone along with doing cardio to lose the weight.

What's burning you out? Tracking your food or exercising?
  • eb8566
    eb8566 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I skipped the cardio as it makes me too hungry. Started at 218.6 in January and now at 182 with calorie deficit. Just now starting walking and light toning.