metabolism

Options
Started seriously tracking macros last month for my bulk, prior I just ate all the time. Keep it around 3200@170/6'.. Currently at 166.6 and dropping. Gonna ramp it up to 3400 and see what's up.

the funny part is mfp and other tdee calculators say 2800 should be enough

who else has a crazy fast metabolism here? I hate those gorging feels

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Trade you.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm coming from the opposite end, so I don't know exactly what you're going through, but I used to hang out on a lot of forums where people were bulking. The easiest thing to do would be to add whole milk to your diet. There's a program that prescribes GOMAD (gallon of milk a day), but that's a bit extreme. Also cooking everything you eat in plenty of butter or olive oil to up the calorie content. Don't know your situation, so if you're already doing this stuff, great. But if not, it's worth a try.
  • Gabrielbk97
    Gabrielbk97 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a really fast metabolism, but I found out that I really haven't been eating the right foods. I'm 5'9 , 184lbs, rating about 3,750 calories plus how many I lose during a workout. I'm trying to get to 190. The past 2 weeks or so I have gained more strength and a good 2 lbs , which now I'm at 186lbs. It's about eating the right foods, for me personally I have been eating more protein and carbohydrates to gain good weight. I have been eating whole foods, and that helped me out a lot.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Started seriously tracking macros last month for my bulk, prior I just ate all the time. Keep it around 3200@170/6'.. Currently at 166.6 and dropping. Gonna ramp it up to 3400 and see what's up.

How much do you workout and do you have an active job?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

That - and HOW are you tracking macros & calories? If you're not weighing & measuring all portions and logging them, it's quite possible you're off in your tracking.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

That - and HOW are you tracking macros & calories? If you're not weighing & measuring all portions and logging them, it's quite possible you're off in your tracking.

that and this ..