Calorie adjustment confusion

Options
debrag12
debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
I have a fitbit and have negative adjustment on. Both mfp and fitbit are set to a 500 calorie deficit.

Is the 'Fitbit Calories Burned' clicking on 'Fitbit Calorie Adjustment' in the exercise dairy what I burnt in full throughout the day or does it include the deficit?

Monday = 2359 pulled from fitbit, 2642 on fitbit
Tuesday = 2480 pulled from fitbit, 2907 on fitbit
Wednesday = 2763 pulled from fitbit, 2944 on fitbit

Going by the mfp help article, they should match so it should be my total right?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    When you click on the little information icon it should be saying "based on xxxx calories burned till zz:zz o'clock".

generally your final "adjustment" happens at midnight so zz:zz should be around 11:59pm

At that point of time, if integration is working, "based on xxx calories burned till 11:59pm" should show the same number as your Fitbit calories for the day.
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My adjustments from Fitbit have been routinely off lately. MFP has not been synching precisely at midnight which has resulted in inaccuracies. In some cases, MFP's last update is as early as 9pm.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Your Deficit is not used in the Exercise diary, only when your base Food goal is calculated.

Fitbit (all trackers) only send new calorie burn when it's 100 higher than last sync (they can wait longer though).
    That can mean you end the night, if you stay up till midnight to see it, with a sync over an hour prior if the timing is just the worst, because BMR level burn is below 100 an hour.

And even the next morning sync can correct the prior day - usually that's the complaint.

So if you are reviewing prior days and it doesn't show what PAV8888 said - your accounts are having some issue at end of day.

Are the time zones between accounts correct?

Mine were per settings on site and in apps.
    But MFP tech support said they still saw an issue on actual sync data loads - but they never got back as to why.
    I only got 1 good sync a day, and rarely a correction.
    And since the issue followed to the Garmin usage - it is an MFP issue.

• tarao081
    tarao081 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My adjustment has gone way off in the last few days. Is there anyway to fix this. I only burnt 2308 calories yesterday but it somehow got thism5eueu1uv520.jpg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    Check your app times and time zones.

Disconnect and reconnect apps...
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    When you click on the little information icon it should be saying "based on xxxx calories burned till zz:zz o'clock".

generally your final "adjustment" happens at midnight so zz:zz should be around 11:59pm

At that point of time, if integration is working, "based on xxx calories burned till 11:59pm" should show the same number as your Fitbit calories for the day.

I understand that for the current day but for past days it was off so the numbers didn't match up.

Thursday + Fridays was spot on so I take it it's a sync issue.