Help for a 35 year old women

Forgive me if this is a repeat post. Not sure where to post this one. I need help here though.
"Hi all I need some help from the community. I am writing on behalf of a female friend.
She is a 5'3 135lb age 35 female. Who wants to get down to about 125lbs or so.
In recent times, she has been loosing weight. However in wrong ways.
She is more less starving herself. Just eating some odd soups and fruits here and there.

She just recently had an episode of the shakes. More less almost like a diabetic. But i know it was due to low sugar, and of course she had not eaten anything in many hours prior.
When she was 25. she was pregnant and had a minor diabetics , that went away after she was no longer pregnant.

She thinks she just needs meds. I really think and its quite obvious what she needs. is to learn to eat proper. Now she has many allergies to many types of foods.

What I ask i know she wants to get petit size and all. But i dont want her to be starving herself. and it alters her mood too.

Is it possible for her to get to 125lbs in a healthy way? she doesnt have lots of time to exercise, but what type of eating plan should i suggest to her. That way she can loose , weight, yet have the proper nutrition. So she is not starving and learn to live feeling good.
her goal is for beginning of june.

Suggestions please? she thinks she needs meds from doctor. but i think this can all be done naturally with diet . Thanks to the community if you took time to read this. I really appreciate any feedback."

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Ultimately to lose weight she needs to be in a small calorie deficit, that's it, based on her stats, that would mean if she's sedentary around 1350 calories.

Having a healthy diet means at least eating the minimum amount of protein(0.36g per pound bodyweight), fat (20-30% of caloric intake), vitamins, minerals and fibre she needs per day, so she would need to start there. If she is only eating soups and fruit then she is likely lacking fat in her diet, which is a problem because she won't be able to absorb some vitamins.

That said, you can't do this for her, she needs to want to do it for herself and if she is starving herself when she's already at a healthy weight for her height, she may have other issues to deal with that mean she shouldn't be trying to lose weight at all and should actually be seeking out professional help from a doctor/therapist.

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Recommend she register with MFP. Create a reasonable calorie deficit (for her probably 0.5 pounds a week loss). Get a food scale. Weigh her food and log everything. Have patience.
  • worldtraveller321
    worldtraveller321 Posts: 150 Member
    what foods would be good healthy fats?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    what foods would be good healthy fats?

Anything low in saturated fat.
  • momzie2016
    momzie2016 Posts: 192 Member
    You can do this.... but requires lots of commitment.
    Btw I am in the same boat. Need 10lbs to go but getting there very very slowly

watching what I eat and exercise here and there. Consistency is the key.

• BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    It's definitely doable in a healthy way. Maybe suggest she joins MFP here. I'm 5'2" and my goal is 125 so I imagine being 1 inch taller than me it can still be a healthy weight. She might want to talk to a dietician, she may also be developing some eating disorders that may need to be addressed, so MFP might not be helpful in that case. Ultimately she should talk to her doctor + a dietician.