Not Eating All The Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Kortina14 wrote: »
    Thanks for the hints of adding to my omelets and salad. I love avocado but like I said so much mis information out there I thought they were not good to eat if your trying to loose weight.

Annie, not on a low carb diet but I do realize that is low as well. Just eating what I like as well.

Betty yes I do log everything. I don't use any oils for cooking. So when I say omelette it is really more like scrambled because I can never flip them right so I never bother with oil with my non stick pans. I pretty much only drink water during the day and I log my water on the add water thing. I follow the serving portion on the label of the food I eat and yep measure and weigh.

You keep saying "measure and weigh". The only thing you should "measure" is liquids, everything else should go on the food scale. I only come back to this because it is difficult to imagine not being hungry on 650 calories, regardless of how lean or whole those foods are.

So just be careful as you start adding calorie dense stuff - until you are sure your calories are in line, it all should be weighed, and you need to check the entries you are using in the database (whether you use the search feature or scan) to make sure the entry has accurate data in it. Most of the info in the database is user-entered, and a lot of it is incorrect or incomplete.

Calories determine weight loss, you can certainly eat some fat (in fact you need a reasonable amount of fat in your diet) and some treat foods as long as you fit them in your calories. :drinker:
  • Teelynn14
    Teelynn14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I say measure it's mostly for lettuce type things. I searched the list and found mostly the measurements for that are in half cups and cups.I scanned my salad dressing and it was correct and 2tbsp is one serving so I was measuring 2tbsp. With the help of the people here I now feel more confident in choosing what I eat. Honestly though I was not hungry last night and only had the toast to boost the calories I needed. Now I know there are better ways lol
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Kortina14 wrote: »
    When I say measure it's mostly for lettuce type things. I searched the list and found mostly the measurements for that are in half cups and cups.I scanned my salad dressing and it was correct and 2tbsp is one serving so I was measuring 2tbsp. With the help of the people here I now feel more confident in choosing what I eat. Honestly though I was not hungry last night and only had the toast to boost the calories I needed. Now I know there are better ways lol

OK :smile: I was just checking to be sure! Glad you got lots of good info.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who asked about a food scale. If you aren’t adding to foods using grams/ounces, you may be full because you are eating more than you think?

If not, agree with adding a piece of toast, half a cup of white rice with butter, avocado, Greek yogurt. I eat dark chocolate one square at a time for 55 calories each
  • joannegustyn1971
    joannegustyn1971 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a half an avocado with lunch sometimes. They are a super healthy food and a good fat. I will portion out a 1/4 cup of almonds in a tiny container to snack on throughout the evening. High in protein. I cook with olive oil but not at a super high temperature (they say it loses its goodness.) I will cook my eggs in it, fry mushrooms, or drizzle flavoured olive oil on vegetables. Again, a good fat and super healthy.

If you have any friends who keep their diaries open, check out what other people are doing. It may be helpful.
  • eugeneanderson3rd
    eugeneanderson3rd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another means of getting in a bit of calories easy is protein drinks. They are great especially if you work out. I recommend bsn syntha-6 edge chocolate flavor. Tastes like a milkshake and is 200cal/serving(1 scoop), also has 10g bcaas and 25g protein. Hope that helps!
  • csager1217
    csager1217 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started a couple weeks ago, I’m not a gym guy so started on VSHRED. They have a meal plan and work out that works well for me. Fairly inexpensive and have lost 7lbs while toning up as well.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    1) Find calorie dense foods as suggested 2) treat yourself - as long as you are in calorie goals have the beer, have dessert, etc. I eat anything I want - and as long as I am within the allotment - I still lose. (I'm also 48) but have done this a few times.... I find it easiest if I don't cut anything out forever. Have the wine, have the dessert - by the end of the week it all balances out anyway. And a low day here and there is ok (we all have days we don't feel well or something) - just not everyday all the time.
  • Teelynn14
    Teelynn14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have managed to get myself between 1000 and 1100 calories a day. I am fine with that. I have not been hungry yet so I'm just going to keep going on doing as I'm doing and hope for the best.