Unexpected side effects from losing weight...

Options
Apart from the more obvious benefits that I expected from losing weight such as improved energy levels and less strain on my knees, I have also found that there have been one or two unexpected side effects as well.

Before losing weight I had always slept with at least 2 pillows - however after shifting some weight I developed a really bad neck ache which was becoming quite a problem. I tried sleeping on just 1 pillow and almost instantly the neck pain went and my sleep was transformed.

The other thing has been that my shoe size has dropped by 1 size - I would never have said I had fat feet but clearly I must have shifted some size there which I was not expecting at all.

So - what unexpected side effects of weight loss have you experienced?

Replies

• Cant_think_of_a_username
    Options
    I can neatly fold myself in half and fit into a drawer.

That could really save some money when going on vacation. Just pop into a case and someone could carry you onto your flight as hand luggage :smiley:
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

I never underestimate the power of fitting into small spaces.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

I never underestimate the power of fitting into small spaces.

I agree. I'm short, I always tell my tall friends I can go anywhere they can even if I have to carry a ladder. But they can't go everywhere I can!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    In a sense, it’s all been unexpected. But I expected weight loss to be the death of fun. What I found is weight loss is liberating.

This is very true. I was at a loss at first because I didn't know what to do with myself, but now it feels like I have so much time because I'm not spending it thinking about/preparing/traveling to/eating food so much.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How inspiring it is for the whole of you to be under the water in the bath instead of your belly being above water level.
    Also getting up off the floor is soooooooo much easier and a whole less embarrassing
  • Rumandpepsi
    Rumandpepsi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can get up off the floor so much easier now. Never thought about it since I don’t spend much time sitting on the floor, but I was cleaning my closet yesterday and got down to arrange the shoes and got right up no problem. At my heavier weight, it was a major production to get back up.
  • Farfalla707
    Farfalla707 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    twdlove89 wrote: »
    How inspiring it is for the whole of you to be under the water in the bath instead of your belly being above water level.
    Also getting up off the floor is soooooooo much easier and a whole less embarrassing

This is one of my motivations! Each pregnancy has pushed more of me above the water line, which makes a really warm bath pretty pants because you just get cold above the line.
  • Cant_think_of_a_username
    Options

Well, I mean... that thread's okay, but it doesn't really cover confined spaces in the same way :smiley:
  • bayliemart
    bayliemart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have more energy and have started learning guitar, painting, cleaning up, and going outside instead of laying in bed watching YouTube