Stressed

Options
So up until this past week I have been able to drop weight easily. For the past week, I still have been eating pretty well, staying within my limits, and exercising. Maybe it's because I'm PMSing and been a little stressed, but my weight has gone up by amost 2 pounds! I'm very discouraged at the moment, and almost want to give up but I'm not the giving up kind of person. Am I right to think that it's because of stress and the "time of the month" is here is the reason for my weight gain? Or what other factors could it be?

Replies

• pixieE
    pixieE Posts: 30
    Options
    Time Of the Month does usually affect weight because your hormones make you retain water, causing bloating and slight weight gain, at some point during the week though you will wee slightly more than usual and so your weight will return to normal again :)
    It doesn't affect everyone, and everyone is different as to how much water they retain, but bear with it and you'll get there :))))
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Every month, TOM, cost me 2-3 lbs. I have already figured, ok, loose 1.5-2 pounds per week, gain 2-3 back from that, overall 4-5 pound lost for the month. I got so discouraged from it, I wouldn't weigh in that week, so I didn't have to see the pounds come back. Now I have learned it's just something I have to live with. I have found that during that time, the lowest amount of sodium I get, and highest amount of water I can stand, really helps! One good thing it, that weight gain from TOM, does come back off easy the next week. Goodluck and keep up the good work!
  • cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    Both reasons could make you stop or even go up by a couple of pounds. Also, watch the sodium intake at this time. Sodium also causes water weight gain. You are doing great. I know you are discouraged right now, but keep on course and in a few days, those pounds will be gone again!!

Cyndi:flowerforyou: