Bikini Season

Options
YoungGun11
YoungGun11 Posts: 46 Member
How many are getting ready for bikini season? What are you doing and have you considered making lifestyle changes so you don’t have to worry about fitting in that bikini, thong, or shorts when it’s time to show some skin in the sun?!?

Replies

• YoungGun11
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yea I'm eating all the foods and growing this bellyyy.. just in time for summer, I will definitely be showing it off in a bikini (probably have to buy a new one that fits) :)

Also I just packed up all my cute small summer clothes and brought out the bigger loose ones. Yay me! :D

😂😂😂😂 anything you want
  • YoungGun11
    Options
    Please, tell me all your tips on how you’re fitting in your thong bikini this summer!? Pictures of you in your thong bikini welcome too, cause a gal needs motivation.

I do lots of cardio with trash bags on so I get a good sweat!!! My tip is to wear my thong bikini in my back yard so I don’t scare anyone! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂😂
  • YoungGun11
    Options
    YoungGun11 wrote: »
    How many are getting ready for bikini season? What are you doing and have you considered making lifestyle changes so you don’t have to worry about fitting in that bikini, thong, or shorts when it’s time to show some skin in the sun?!?

I've never heard of this method

For people who want to look fit all year and like me only try to “get fit” when summer rolls around. I want to make it a lifestyle!!!
  • YoungGun11
    Options
    a10383748 wrote: »
    This sort of stuck with me back when I read it:
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    First off, let me tell you there are bikini competitors who STILL don't love themselves. And there are curvy girls that flaunt all they got and think they put the stars in the sky. It's mind set.

^ This is 100% true.

I know a pro women's physique competitor who is one of the most beautiful and aesthetically perfect people I've ever met - on a scale of 1-10, she's a 15. She's also one of the least self-confident, most neurotic and insecure people I've ever met. She's a sweetheart, but has a very delicate psyche and being around her feels like handling a fine, very expensive (and frail) piece of China - one little jolt and she's going to fall to pieces.

On the flip side, I know a 300+ pound woman who proudly rocks the tiniest bikinis on the beach without a care in the world and obviously gives no *kitten* what anybody else thinks of it. She's an absolute blast to be around, everybody loves her and her self-confidence amazes me (mostly because I'm nowhere near that comfortable in my own skin).

If you don't love yourself in the first place, losing weight isn't going to change that. You'll just find another reason not to love yourself.

I have an overweight female friend who can be an absolute blast to hang out with, she just has confidence and is outgoing

Yes!!! Must be confident. Love it. Wish I was more confident!!
  • The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_ Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    I love a man in a thong bikini.... said no one ever.
  • YoungGun11
    Options

😂😂😂😂 agreed
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini for the first time in decades (I am 62) last summer while abroad on holiday. I had lost a bit of weight but it was a decision I made mainly due to the fact that I had a fantastic tattoo on my lower back and how else was I going to show it off.

This year my weight is down by 25lbs so far on last year so although I am not still not slim/firm or young enough to actually "Rock" A bikini I will certainly wear one again. Besides I am past caring what anyone else thinks.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yea I'm eating all the foods and growing this bellyyy.. just in time for summer, I will definitely be showing it off in a bikini (probably have to buy a new one that fits) :)

Also I just packed up all my cute small summer clothes and brought out the bigger loose ones. Yay me! :D

😂😂😂😂 anything you want

Yea I'll probably gain about 30+ by the time summer is over, it's going to be pretty awesome ;)
  • TheRobotsAreComing
    TheRobotsAreComing Posts: 26 Member
    Options

At a festival a few years ago there was a guy in a neon green borat mankini and one of those long akatuski coats from naruto. Pretty sure that was all he wore all weekend.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options

I don't really care for readying myself solely for bikinis for the Summer, for it's so different to how it was years ago now. The choices we have at our disposal - with ratios of how much is to be exposed depending on the venue generally proves satisfying all around, no matter what you choose. It's actually liberating to be a woman these days. Wearing bikinis, micros and monos are normal, even in Winter out here in S.Cali lol ... There's only ONE location I go to, where skin exposure is simply a no - Coronado.

What I'm presently doing, which has nothing to do with Summer, is qualifying my body to how I prefer it. I like to keep pushing myself. Higher projection/profile with exaggerated ratios is my ideal, just never solely for bikinis and Summertime.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    All the cardio. I'm on a plant based diet now and feel great. Working on the booty and abs in the gym.
  • YoungGun11
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    All the cardio. I'm on a plant based diet now and feel great. Working on the booty and abs in the gym.

How is the plant based going? What exercises are you doing?
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Start us off @RomaineCalm 🤣🤣🤣

Oh sure.... BRB!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

How is the plant based going? What exercises are you doing?

It is going great. I have a lot more energy now. Never going back to meat. Exercises I have been doing a lot of running and stairmaster and lifting weights. A lot of glute isolation exercises.
  • Lenpayasa
    Lenpayasa Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini for the first time in decades (I am 62) last summer while abroad on holiday. I had lost a bit of weight but it was a decision I made mainly due to the fact that I had a fantastic tattoo on my lower back and how else was I going to show it off.

This year my weight is down by 25lbs so far on last year so although I am not still not slim/firm or young enough to actually "Rock" A bikini I will certainly wear one again. Besides I am past caring what anyone else thinks.

I vacation in Spain every summer and have learned that there are bikinis for all body types.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Lenpayasa wrote: »

I vacation in Spain every summer and have learned that there are bikinis for all body types.

Spanish brand and designer swimwear are ultra-feminising with that shot of sultry in the classic or the sexy, translated effortlessly well in the bold or the subtle, with just the right splash. First learnt how accommodating their designs are for all women via my Israeli friends.