Any other Returning Users out there?

Options
I was curious if anyone else has returned to this site after a setback. I myself joined MFP in 2011, but fell off the wagon when I began battling depression for the second time in five years. Then I returned to MFP in 2012, but threw out my back in a major way and was sidelined for months. Needless to say, I was not very good about my diet while recovering and exercise was out of the question. I was finally released for exercise (and taken off my depression meds) in early 2013. I tried using another fitness app, but it just didn't click for me so here I am, giving MFP another go. My goals have changed; I have even more weight to lose having gained back everything I lost in 2011 and then some. My ticker looks so sad I removed it from my forum settings. I mean, come on ... what does that say about me when my profile says I joined in 2011 and have lost a big fat 0? For some reason, I feel like I have to explain myself. :laugh:

Anyway, here I go again. I am excited to be back at the gym. I get up at 4:00 in the morning just so I can get it in before work, so I better be excited! I find the food portion (I don't like the word "diet") to be a much greater challenge. I am a stress-eater and my job and family life come with plenty of stress.

So, what about you?

Replies

• marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've been on and off of here for at least a year or so. This is such a great app, and easy to use. I suffer from depression, too, and can easily get sidetracked from what's good for me. I'm back on, and have been back on for a few weeks now. My weight got to even MORE than my original mfp weight... so it's not showing any "loss", even though I've lost about 6 pounds in the past 5 weeks.

Kudos to you for coming back!! Keep logging and jogging (just a saying, lol) and enjoy life!
  • 2tired2think
    2tired2think Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ... so it's not showing any "loss", even though I've lost about 6 pounds in the past 5 weeks.

Congrats on the 6 pounds! My first weigh-in is tomorrow, so fingers crossed ...
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's me, too! I joined originally, forgot my username, so I created this brand new one. I'm happy to be back on the wagon. :-) Welcome back, all!
  • jleach
    jleach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I also first joined in 2011. Just got serious again 5 weeks ago so I'm only at 15 lbs down. :happy:
  • marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    15 Pounds is Awesome!! Congrats to you!
  • proudmommyof4angels
    Options
    I to have had the same issues as you. I'm coming back after losing my way. Add me if you like :happy:
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yep I am
  • Sugarhiccup03
    Sugarhiccup03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Same here! I just came back about two weeks ago after a 7-8 month hiatus due to some health issues. This time I'm back and not letting anything stop me. Anyone feel free to add me if you like :).
  • Eric_37788
    Options
    Trying again for like the tenth time. Anyone can add me
  • lonelygurl23
    Options
    yeah, i just deleted my whole old account and started over. i had lost 0lbs in a year as well. :ohwell:
  • stacey2022
    stacey2022 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Back at it myself!!

We can do this, keep on keeping on!!
  • SuperHero_Girl
    SuperHero_Girl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I originally started July 2012 and lost 32 pounds from then until mid-November, when I was fired from my job. Being fired put a huge damper on my motivation to take care of myself and I felt like a huge failure. Then I got a new job that I love, but it's long hours spent on my feet, so I had to try and figure out how to fit the gym in again, all while still eating poorly. I pretty much just started again one day out of the blue in July this year, (July 13).

Before starting, I weighed myself expecting to see a HUGE gain because it's always turned out that, when I quit some sort of attempt at weight loss, I gain everything I lost back and then some, but this time I was surprised to find out that I only gained 16 pounds back from my previous loss. With a lot of hard work over the past month, I managed to lose an additional 12 or so pounds and I'm almost back to where I left off in November.

In other words, I am, too, a returning user and I'm determined to stick it out this time now that I know I am capable of losing as much as 30 pounds!
  • alpen1
    alpen1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. Whew! Up and down and finally reaching out on the message boards to make contact. Hoping that some community and friends an make a difference.
  • 2tired2think
    2tired2think Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's so nice to know I'm not alone. I'm hoping by adding friends this time around I can have greater success! Feel free to add me!
  • Shawk80
    Shawk80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me.....but I'm back and serious about getting this weight off. Anyone feel free to add me, we can all support each other!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I joined in June 2009. Lost some weight. Left. Gained it. Came back. Lost some weight. Left. Gained it and more. Came back in February of this year, and I'm here to stay.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yes there are lots of us who fall off the wagon or go MIA from time to time. What matters is that you are here now! Welcome back! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the app on my phone in November 2012 (didn't know there was also a website and a whole community....I just wanted a calorie tracker), dropped a few pounds, then I had to move back home for the Holidays, lost track, had a new semester to start and crazy contests to take part in. Next thing I know, I packed up all the weight I lost and then some.

Back since July 2013...
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yup, me too! Lost 65 lbs, gained back 20lbs (took 11 months) now back to lose the 20 + another 10
    I log daily and have an open diary. Anyone can add me :bigsmile: I'm on the West Coast if you're looking
    for someone from the P.S.T. zone. LOL!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Me. Third time is a charm right?