Weightloss, muscle building, and myasthenia gravis

EmmaCat013
EmmaCat013 Posts: 25 Member
Its been nearly 10yrs since i started trying to lose weight. Its been hard and often discouraging. No matter what i did, i gained fat and lost muscle. I hired personal trainers and nutritionists, i took a nutrition certification, i tried every type of diet out there, and i did serial dexa scans. Despite all my effort, i was tired all the time, and i couldn’t build muscle or burn fat. My dexa scans proved this. Visceral fat was increasing and muscle mass was decreasing.
Just this august i was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis and began treatment. Myasthenia gravis is a neuromuscular disease characterized by severe fatigue and progressive weakness. There is no known cure, but thanks to treatment I am finally feeling consistently strong. I go to the gym 5-6days a week. I take fitness classes everyday. I wrote my own meal plan last week. I lost a pound this week and i’m starting to look strong and lean.
My point is, it may take you months or even ten years to find your weightloss answers, but never give up. Try and fail but never quit.

Replies

• neilwij
    neilwij Posts: 1,634 Member
    Fantastic Story. Very inspirational. Keep it going you're doing amazing.
  • EmmaCat013
    Thanks! I always dreamed of being an athlete. I think its still a possibility. If a guy with muscular dystrophy can compete on Ninja Warrior, I like to think I can do something equally amazing. =D
  • neilwij
    neilwij Posts: 1,634 Member
    EmmaCat013 wrote: »
    Thanks! I always dreamed of being an athlete. I think its still a possibility. If a guy with muscular dystrophy can compete on Ninja Warrior, I like to think I can do something equally amazing. =D

I love your attitude, you are correct. Keep it going as you are doing a great job. As you are probably aware there will be bad days but there will be good but with your will power theres no limit to what you can achieve. You're awesome!
  • EmmaCat013
    Thank you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!