Weight loss plateau

Options
Hello,I am 26 yrs of age
I was 192 pounds 6 months back and then I lost 33 pounds and 4 inches through out my body , ie from bust to hips and 3 inches from waist ,in 4.5 months with healthy and less carbs diet alone ,ie with no exercise at all.
But I have not lost even one pound in the last month .
I have a target of loosing 40 more pounds and reduce my inches by 4 more inch in the next 6 months .
I desperately want it to happen .
I am very busty that's why feel back and shoulder pain so loosing 4 inches in nesscary .
2 months back when I was loosing 7 pounds every month I was positive but now when I am not losing since last 1.5 months , should I lower my target of losing more 40 pounds in next 6 months ?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    have you entered your stats in MFP and selected 1.5/week loss? (at this point 2lb/week may be too much)

when things slow down or stop for more than two weeks, it's good to become super acurate with weighing and logging your food. little errors (eating more than you think you are) can be fine at first when there is more to lose but as you approach goal, you have less wiggle room and need to become more accurate.

get a food scale and weigh all foods. double check all entires as there are many errors in the database. consider raw VS cooked weight (raw is best if possible). consider if prepackaged stuff is accurate in weight.

after a loss of 33pds, your body needs less calories to function (less of you to maintain) so you need fewer calories to function than at the start.

also, as you get closer to goal, it's best to chose a slower rate of loss.
  • Seeker2203
    Seeker2203 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes I have hypothyroidism and my dietician know this and I have lost 33 pounds with her diet plan .