Will i lose weight on this program?

Options
joowelz
joowelz Posts: 170 Member
Hi,

I signed up with a personal trainer this week. We will do resistance training together twice a week. I currently jog on the treadmill for 30 minutes, three times a week and eat under 2,000 calories a day on average (MFP set my target to 1750 cals but I rarely can eat that low, so I have been creating a small deficit instead - of around 100-200 calories a day - to avoid suffering from hunger and cravings!)

My issue is I have to give up one jogging day to dedicate it to weight lifting. My lifestyle doesnt allow for more exercise than this. So it will be two jogging days going forward (down from three) and two weight lifting days, which i wasnt doing before.

Will i still reach my weight loss goals? I am patient and willing to wait a year to lose 12 lbs if I must. But will it be enough exercise to effect the change i want?

I am 5'6 female, 170 lbs and wear a size 12.

Hoping to get good info here.

Thank you!
Joowelz

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Remember the MFP target is 1750 + exercise calories so very close to 2000.

Just a varied daily amount instead of a same every day goal.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    One day of running might burn a few more calories than 2 days of weight lifting, but that by itself won’t prevent weight loss. Weights have so many benefits, including retaining muscle mass and looking better when you’re done. You seem to have very reasonable goals.