logging food

Options
Evalen306
Evalen306 Posts: 11 Member
I am having a problem with the logging my food. If I only had 2/3 of a cup, it does not take it if I put in 2/3 cup it seems to only want dismal points, Is there a way to change that. I have a hard time converting 2/3, 1/4 etc. into 0.4 or 0.33. I wish I could just put had 3/4 of a cup, tablespoon or teaspoon. If not perhaps I could find a chart to make it faster and easier.

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I don't have a chart, but I can suggest a calculator. If you divide 2 by 3, you'll get your result in decimal format. (0.667) For greater accuracy, someone will be along in a moment to suggest you weigh your food on a scale, anyway, and input the weight in grams.

Edited because I went and googled a chart for you.
    http://www.ookingdom.com/metric/fraction
  • Evalen306
    Options
    I don't have a chart, but I can suggest a calculator. If you divide 2 by 3, you'll get your result in decimal format. (0.667) For greater accuracy, someone will be along in a moment to suggest you weigh your food on a scale, anyway, and input the weight in grams.

Thank you so much, this is surely help, and avoid a lot of time. I guess this was a little bit silly question, but I am over the hill and the brain is not working as quick as it use too. Again thanks. I will use the chart.
  • joannegustyn1971
    joannegustyn1971 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Evalen306 wrote: »
    I am having a problem with the logging my food. If I only had 2/3 of a cup, it does not take it if I put in 2/3 cup it seems to only want dismal points, Is there a way to change that. I have a hard time converting 2/3, 1/4 etc. into 0.4 or 0.33. I wish I could just put had 3/4 of a cup, tablespoon or teaspoon. If not perhaps I could find a chart to make it faster and easier.

On my iPhone I noticed a button right above where you are inputting the number that switches it to decimal or cups. Mine was in cups automatically. Also if you hit on the serving size, it lets you choose different options there as well. I will go and screenshot it for you.

• joannegustyn1971
    joannegustyn1971 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    6r89bpx1hrq5.png
    f7pejmkglpkm.jpeg
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Evalen306 wrote: »

Thank you so much, this is surely help, and avoid a lot of time. I guess this was a little bit silly question, but I am over the hill and the brain is not working as quick as it use too. Again thanks. I will use the chart.

You're completely welcome. I do math to calculate what percentage of a serving I've eaten when the entry doesn't include a gram weight option, or when converting recipes from volume measurements to weight - for greater baking accuracy. It's handy to know more than one trick.
  • Evalen306
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your input, it is so nice to know that there are those out here who care. Have a healthy day.