CrossFit Woodslawn Nutrition Challenge

Options
purington19
purington19 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2019 in Challenges
Welcome to the CFWL Nutrition Challenge! Here you’ll find details of the challenge and get points for interacting and posting within the community.

Here is the breakdown for how to score points for your team throughout the challenge.

First task is to join this community and tell us what about the Nutrition Challenge motivates you! You’ll score your team a point by posting your #motivationmessage to this discussion board.

Daily logging of protein in MFP will get you one point—up to one point per person per team will be up for grabs, and this daily accountability will be huge, so make sure to get logging.

One point will be awarded for each team member hitting their protein goal w/in 5%.

Consume 600g of fruits and veggies and you can earn a point for every team member hitting this goal by posting to the community board. Post must be made day-of in order to claim this point, so set yourself a reminder and cheer your teammates on to not miss out on these points up for grabs.

Share a meal prep hack, tip or trick, or favorite FitFoods meal of the week to the group by Friday of each week and each person can score an additional point for their team.

Prizes- The winning team will receive a group prize! This will be announced at the end of the challenge, so stay tuned and get pumped to be getting beach ready in time for summer!

Replies

• cynthiapurington
    cynthiapurington Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is going to be great! I’m excited!!
  • jenlite75
    jenlite75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m ready with my veggies!
  • melodyh2018
    melodyh2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Melody is ready!!!
  • JaimeJaimeM
    JaimeJaimeM Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, how do we get teams and track points etc?
  • melodyh2018
    melodyh2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    #1 day down our team is quinoa queens
  • jenlite75
    Options
    Hey- I’ve found some veggies logged in grams- for instance I searched “carrots in grams” and it came up- makes it a bit easier!
  • kmccue14
    kmccue14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm going to explode, but got all the damn veggies in today. Where's the barfing emoji?
  • jenlite75
    Options
    I’m eating all the veggies. Just letting you know I did it!
  • kmccue14
    kmccue14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too... though it’s rough to get them all in!
  • thompsob5908
    thompsob5908 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Katie our new partner in the Quinoa Queens! It’s taken a couple of days to get the hang of this but This morning I threw 2-3 cups of spinach in morning smoothie. Perfect.
    I have always been pretty good about my veggie intake but am being more conscious and getting them in. Protein too.
  • jenlite75
    Options
    I’m out of town but still eating veggies!
  • jenlite75
    Options
    I’m out of town but still eating veggies!
  • thompsob5908
    Options
    Here’s a great way to get some veggies and reduce carbs. Buy a $10 hand spiralizer and make zucchini noodles. It takes about 2 medium zucchini (which reduces down ALOT when you quickly sauté it) for a one serving with ground turkey,onion garlic canned diced tomatoes. My husband liked it too.
  • melodyhyde2014
    melodyhyde2014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ate dinner out and still did my proper quotas!
  • thompsob5908
    Options
    That’s awesome Melody. Eating out can be super challenging when trying to do this program. Did you say to your server “excuse me but how many grams of protein are there in this entree? “.
    Or “yes. I’ll have three orders of the house salad”....
  • klking08
    klking08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go Melody! I ate dinner out tonight too and figured out that I can still get a ton of veggies in. Green curry for the win!
  • thompsob5908
    Options
    Thanks for the green curry idea Katie. It’s another one of those dishes that you can add fistfuls if spinach to and it cooks right down.
  • jenlite75
    Options
    Guys! I’m in jury duty with carrots and celery and an apple - and beef jerky... and maybe a dark chocolate ... that celery is gonna be so loud! 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • thompsob5908
    Options
    Katy tell us how you met your protein goals every day? Is beef jerky part of it cause I don’t like that stuff. And does anyone have ideas for good plant based protein sources?
  • jenlite75
    Options
    I ate my veggies today. Have photographic evidence of my dinner. 🤣