Vacation Fail - venting

Options
Well, I had all these grand plans to workout every day, log, and eat right while in Florida last week. The beach and some great food had other plans. Stepped on the scale this morning and am up 5 pounds. I know it will come off quickly, but still discouraging.

Replies

• KD0BIK
    KD0BIK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Certainly not wanting to discourage anyone...but vacations are just that...A Vacation. While I'm usually pretty active on vacations due to a lot of walking/sightseeing. I don't log food. I enjoy my time away from the pressures of life and then climb back on the horse when I get back from VACATION!

I'm currently working hard to lose about 10 lbs before vacation this summer. Most likely when I get home, I'll have gained a few pounds...but will also have the memories of that vacation and time with my wife to reflect on when I get back to work. Enjoy life.
  • JaimeJaimeM
    JaimeJaimeM Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, most likely a good amount of those 5 pounds are attributed to water. So if they came on super quick, they can come off just as fast.

I understand how you feel - I'm going on vacation next week and am bringing my supplements and workout logs still. But I'm going in being totally realistic - I've trained and cut the last three months to look good for this trip. I'm going to stay active because it makes me happy. But I'm also going to eat tacos, I'm going to stay out late, and oh, there will be tequila.

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Relax
    Likely a lot is water weight
    Today get back at it and stick with your good habits. If 50 weeks of the year you are following healthy habits and 2 weeks you lie around and eat nothing but junk food that is still a super healthy lifestyle
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I often get too ambitious as well when I make plans like that. I just have to forgive myself and understand that I don't have a lot of energy most of the time and schedule changes mess with me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Well, I had all these grand plans to workout every day, log, and eat right while in Florida last week. The beach and some great food had other plans. Stepped on the scale this morning and am up 5 pounds. I know it will come off quickly, but still discouraging.

i gained 4lbs in 4 days on holiday, eating whatever i fancied (mainly waffles topped with nutella & cream and banana and peanut butter and many hot chocolates with whipped cream on)

i also lost it all within a week of being home.

did you enjoy your holiday?
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

i gained 4lbs in 4 days on holiday, eating whatever i fancied (mainly waffles topped with nutella & cream and banana and peanut butter and many hot chocolates with whipped cream on)

Seeing my children running, playing, and enjoying the beach was all worth it. Quote of the whole trip from my daughter "It's more beautiful than I expected!"

The free happy hour and all the good food wasn't too bad either.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Seeing my children running, playing, and enjoying the beach was all worth it. Quote of the whole trip from my daughter "It's more beautiful than I expected!"

so why would your weight have any consideration in all that?!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

I have to still watch on vacations because I'll use them as a subtle excuse to binge eat, but it does help a lot to not worry about what I'm eating, just more the amount.
  • runnermom419
    Options

Well, I'm allowed to be disappointed. So, there's that.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Well, I'm allowed to be disappointed. So, there's that.

Ok.

• runnermom419
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I know it's mostly water weight and yes, we did a ton of walking and yes, I did run a few times on the beach. But, still just a little sad. But, it will come off and all will be right with the world.

Hubby on the other hand...maintained his weight on vacation. Love him, but SERIOUSLY?! :wink:
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I know it's mostly water weight and yes, we did a ton of walking and yes, I did run a few times on the beach. But, still just a little sad. But, it will come off and all will be right with the world.

Hubby on the other hand...maintained his weight on vacation. Love him, but SERIOUSLY?! :wink:

When I gained 4lbs, the husband lost a pound... :laugh:
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    My first few vacations as an adult was like that. Brought my running shoes but never used them, lol. My last few though, I actually did utilize the gyms. One was on a cruise and the treadmills over looked the horizon, it was really peaceful (a different day I ran around the deck for a few miles and that was also really nice). Then I used the gym at a resort in Mexico and in my brother's apartment complex in Hawaii. Don't get me wrong, the food and alcohol far over reached my maintenance + exercise calories, lol. It was more just for me to have an hour of peace to myself, not something I felt I HAD to do.