Exercise Allows Me to Eat More and Still Lose Weight

I enjoy food, no way to “sugar-coat” it : )

I have found that by performing aerobic exercise (cycling, in my case, ~1000 kcal/day) allows me to burn enough calories during the day to enjoy satiating, high quality, calorie dense, meals yet still lose weight. As long as I maintain an average of a 500 kcal deficit each day I lose 1-2 lbs a week, and have been able to drop 16 lbs since the start of the year.

I’ve plateaued recently but that has more to do with me not maintaining calorie deficit than anything else. Be rigorous with the calorie-counting early on, it’ll kickstart your weight loss. But after you’ve had some success I recommend not being a slave to the numbers, otherwise you’ll burnout. Treat each plateau as a new starting point, a “rest point” if you will, then start anew from there. The rest point will also give you a chance to practice Maintenance

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss. You have discovered the "magic" of tracking calories and one of the reasons that MFP works. Many of us here discovered through trial and error that exercise allows us to eat what we enjoy and still reach our goals.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    "Eat to lose weight. Exercise to eat more."
    :D:D
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Nice work!!!!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    I'd die if you didn't get more calories from exercise.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I don’t workout to eat - I eat to workout - the first started me down the path on some pretty disordered eating habits; the second has been the last couple years - my workouts are better, I sleep better and generally healthier
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!